Deandre Ayton should come back to college next year | Syracusefan.com

Deandre Ayton should come back to college next year

That defensive scheme by Miller constantly hangs Ayton out to dry. He's essentially asking Ayton to do what Aaron Gordon and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson did for him.

Not to mention, guys gotta be at least 30 years old! Time to move on!

First time I've seen Ayton play this year and I wasn't all that impressed... yes he's a huge physical beast but he seems like he's slow, lumbering and lacks explosion and any sort of fluidity to his game. Also the dude seems to have zero offensive moves beyond catching and dunking or shooting a 3. Most startling to me was that he offered very little rim protection... Buffalo's guards and big men were going at him all game without any concerns. I was much more impressed with Bagley in the 3 minutes I caught of the Duke game yesterday. Bagley is explosive and has some post up moves.

I just don't see the Ayton to Robinson comparisons... Robinson had the athleticism of a SF in a center's body. Ayton reminds me of a less athletic Patrick Ewing. When comparing college tapes, I was much more impressed with that kid that played for Duke and went to Philly where he did nothing and I believe got traded this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom