Dear ACC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dear ACC

He has a Duke University law degree but I guess you know more than him when it comes to legalities. You should just come out and admit it makes you happy because it hurts Boeheim. Like many other posters here.
the hurts boeheim comment is a bit of a stretch and unwarranted in this context. just mho.

Ehhh the suspension is iffy at best

Would we be calling for a suspension the other way around? I personally wouldn’t

When the other teams HC is saying he shouldn’t be suspended and the player that it happened to is also saying he shouldn’t be suspended…….

I think the ACC should have talked to FSU player and coach and got their opinion on it.

Poor move by the ACC. However, Buddy needs to be smarter than that. Just was a foolish foolish play.

Ehhh the suspension is iffy at best

Would we be calling for a suspension the other way around? I personally wouldn’t

When the other teams HC is saying he shouldn’t be suspended and the player that it happened to is also saying he shouldn’t be suspended…….

I think the ACC should have talked to FSU player and coach and got their opinion on it.

Poor move by the ACC. However, Buddy needs to be smarter than that. Just was a foolish foolish play.
If they talked to Wilkes, they may have found out he was just trying to draw a foul, which players do all the time. If he was really as injured as he looked, Buddy should definitely be suspended. If it was an act, Leonard Hamilton should really be ashamed of him.

If they talked to Wilkes, they may have found out he was just trying to draw a foul, which players do all the time. If he was really as injured as he looked, Buddy should definitely be suspended. If it was an act, Leonard Hamilton should really be ashamed of him.
He wasn't trying to draw a foul. They were bodying for position and Buddy punched him, knocking his wind out temporarily. You should be ashamed of your series of idiotic posts on this topic.

He wasn't trying to draw a foul. They were bodying for position and Buddy punched him, knocking his wind out temporarily. You should be ashamed of your series of idiotic posts on this topic.
How do you know he got the wind knocked out of him? Did you talk to him? It says a lot that he and his coach say Buddy shouldn't be suspended. If he had the wind knocked out of him, Buddy should be suspended. I think anyone would agree with that.

the hurts boeheim comment is a bit of a stretch and unwarranted in this context. just mho.

This probably isn't worth saying. But it does make me kind of sad that this hurts Boeheim (both senior and junior), what a crappy experience. Both of them must feel terrible about this. So I take no pleasure in any Boeheim hurt, quite the opposite.

That said...

I can't pretend that there isn't a little schadenfreude going on here after the old man seemingly (regardless of strategic roster composition, etc.) displayed such favoritism -- and not in the cute up-front Al McGuire way -- for so long, only to see the season knee-capped by a boneheaded, aggressive, and highly unusual act by that particular player. It sucks, I'm sad for both of them, but there's a sick irony here.

He's a Duke educated legal scholar.

And a thoroughly dishonest guy on this matter for a number of reasons (not least of which is his personal relationship with the parties, something anyone who's sat for the MPRE while at Duke, Cooley, or anyplace in between would be uncomfortable with).

Also, again he loves playing the role of contrarian; it was funny for awhile with his NCAA crusade. But it's tough to take him seriously now since he's so reflexively contrary about everything.

How do you know he got the wind knocked out of him? Did you talk to him? It says a lot that he and his coach say Buddy shouldn't be suspended. If he had the wind knocked out of him, Buddy should be suspended. I think anyone would agree with that.
I think he said it in his YouTube video.

Update: He did indeed say just that. Your move, CousCuse

Last edited:
I can’t believe I’m saying this but I partially agree with cous cous, The anti Boeheim rhetoric on this board is extreme with some posters. It’s why you seldom see me post on this board as opposed to football. Heck , I’ve been critical this year for sure but it gets over the top IMO.

For what it's worth, that compilation is an indictment of Duke's coach, AD, and President. The second time that punk pulled that crap should've been the last time he saw game action for a long time. No way he should've had the leash to pile up all those incidents. There's no place for that in basketball.

It’s also an indictment of the ACC.

It’s also an indictment of the ACC.
I haven't weighed in with an opinion yet.

I don't have a problem if the ACC has finally decided to take a hard line against punching in games. Even if they decided to do it after the regular season ended, with no formal announcement.

I just want consistency. From this point forward, I want to see all players who hit someone with a closed fist to get suspended for the next game. Or better yet, have their punishment immediately after the incident, not 4 or 5 hours after it happened.

Buddy broke the rules. He should be punished. I believe the rule calls for an immediate ejection when a player punches another player intentionally. That is clearly what should have happened. I believe that would have cleared him to play the next game.

The refs were incompetent. They couldn't be bothered to do their job and try and sort things out (the FSU player told the refs he was punched immediately afterwards and they ignored him).

So I think the crew should be suspended as well. Their incompetence directly led to a first team all league player being denied a chance to play today. They sent a message it is okay to punch players on their watch. That needs to be addressed if the ACC is serious about shutting this type of behavior down.

I haven't weighed in with an opinion yet.

I don't have a problem if the ACC has finally decided to take a hard line against punching in games. Even if they decided to do it after the regular season ended, with no formal announcement.

I just want consistency. From this point forward, I want to see all players who hit someone with a closed fist to get suspended for the next game. Or better yet, have their punishment immediately after the incident, not 4 or 5 hours after it happened.

Buddy broke the rules. He should be punished. I believe the rule calls for an immediate ejection when a player punches another player intentionally. That is clearly what should have happened. I believe that would have cleared him to play the next game.

The refs were incompetent. They couldn't be bothered to do their job and try and sort things out (the FSU player told the refs he was punched immediately afterwards and they ignored him).

So I think the crew should be suspended as well. Their incompetence directly led to a first team all league player being denied a chance to play today. They sent a message it is okay to punch players on their watch. That needs to be addressed if the ACC is serious about shutting this type of behavior down.
It also should have been possible to review that play at halftime and eject him at that point. The league certainly could have facililitated that at its own tournament.

Jay Bilas fails to mention the rule that the ACC can review things like this after a game. It's a punch, buddy admitted wrong doing even if it didn't say the word punch. He apologized and Wilkes maturely accepted and posted a video about his feelings on all of this.

Posting Grayson Allen videos does nothing. The ACC has a different commissioner now that they did then. The ACC screwed that up and let the institution screw it up too. They have bias and it's hard to ignore but this isn't a Syracuse vs The ACC fight. Buddy was wrong, he is suspended. I don't see how people can argue about this.

How would you react if Syracuse was the 1 seed, awaiting Duke, and Paolo threw a punch? We would be screaming for a suspension and if he wasn't, we would be in uproar against the obvious, ACC bias.

It stinks for Buddy but stupid actions have consequence

Jay Bilas fails to mention the rule that the ACC can review things like this after a game. It's a punch, buddy admitted wrong doing even if it didn't say the word punch. He apologized and Wilkes maturely accepted and posted a video about his feelings on all of this.

Posting Grayson Allen videos does nothing. The ACC has a different commissioner now that they did then. The ACC screwed that up and let the institution screw it up too. They have bias and it's hard to ignore but this isn't a Syracuse vs The ACC fight. Buddy was wrong, he is suspended. I don't see how people can argue about this.

How would you react if Syracuse was the 1 seed, awaiting Duke, and Paolo threw a punch? We would be screaming for a suspension and if he wasn't, we would be in uproar against the obvious, ACC bias.

It stinks for Buddy but stupid actions have consequence
its called context my man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom