Dear Jerami Grant | Syracusefan.com

Dear Jerami Grant

My next dog or child will be named Grant in his honor.
i think i have to just get a second dog, just to justify this and name myself a grant

Good Rak today too. We never have to worry about Grant's motor which is really awesome. Wish his energy would regularly rub off on the others.

i think i have to just get a second dog, just to justify this and name myself a grant
I already have two. I can't imagine having another one lol. A kid.. more likely in the next 10 years. If Grant gets a National Championship while at the 'Cuse, I'll let him name my next child.

this might be hyperbolic but I really think Jerami is the most impressive SU freshman since Melo.
i agree with this. certainly the most exciting. He's aggressive, talented, and athletic. The perfect combination for highlight reel stuff.

Jerami is, at this stage, as good as Hak was as a sophomore. They have slightly different games, since Jerami is more perimeter oriented than Hak ever was, but that's the closest comparison when thinking about height, body type, explosiveness, etc.

Jerami is really going to be a special player.

this might be hyperbolic but I really think Jerami is the most impressive SU freshman since Melo.

Donte Greene averaged 17 and 7 as a frosh (I know, I know, he's the devil). But Grant looked fantastic tonight - he honestly looked like a young Billy Owens.

um yeah, jennifer love hewitt avatar, good idea

How could it not be?

JLH07.gif

Donte Greene averaged 17 and 7 as a frosh (I know, I know, he's the devil). But Grant looked fantastic tonight - he honestly looked like a young Billy Owens.
Donte was good but he shot like 40% and seemed to lack that IQ and heart that Jerami exudes. Jerami has this demeanor that fires you up.

I actually like Donte, but it's different. Donte was the focal point from the get go, and failed to meet expectations, really. Jerami, on the other hand, has surpassed all expectations.

yeah, I was certainly considering Donte when I posted that - I can honestly say I am more impressed with the all-around game of freshman JG than I was with freshman DG.

I actually like Donte, but it's different. Donte was the focal point from the get go, and failed to meet expectations, really. Jerami, on the other hand, has surpassed all expectations.

Yeah, poor Donte. People really gave that kid a much harder time than he deserved - he was a pretty decent player for his one year here.

Compare his numbers to anyone on this team - pretty decent under tough circumstances.

I need a horse tranquilizer ala Bachelor Party after this game.
2nd half was nuts

In other words, people were expecting Donte to be Carmelo, and were expecting absolutely nothing from Grant. Kind of hard for Grant not to win in that scenario. :)

In other words, people were expecting Donte to be Carmelo, and were expecting absolutely nothing from Grant. Kind of hard for Grant not to win in that scenario. :)
Pretty much, yeah. That's about spot on.

Or, I guess I should say, in honor of Carmelo and Donte's Baltimore roots and your avatar, "Oh, indeed."

maybe, but donte didn't really play defense and often gave, well, let's just say less than 100% effort.

Donte's entire season was unfair for him. That team relied entirely on its freshman class. DOnte never had the ability to ease into his role. He did the best he could. I just wish he came back... he probably does too. He could have been special here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom