Dear Jerami Grant | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dear Jerami Grant

Donte was forced to take a lot of bad shots because that team needed him to take a lot of shots - JB has said as much in the past. If he had stayed, the memory of him in many fans eyes would have been very different. Would not have surprised me if he had avgd 22/8 his soph.year. He loves SU and he deserves some love back from SU fans.

When was the last time we had a Freshman play 40 minutes in a game? Both Grant and CJ did last night.

While watching the game on TV I thought I heard, "Get that out of here" during that huge block he had on Cooley. Can someone at the game either confirm or deny.

When was the last time we had a Freshman play 40 minutes in a game? Both Grant and CJ did last night.

While watching the game on TV I thought I heard, "Get that out of here" during that huge block he had on Cooley. Can someone at the game either confirm or deny.

You probably heard me down here in NJ. Because I screamed those exact words pretty loudly in my living room.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Donte was forced to take a lot of bad shots because that team needed him to take a lot of shots - JB has said as much in the past. If he had stayed, the memory of him in many fans eyes would have been very different. Would not have surprised me if he had avgd 22/8 his soph.year. He loves SU and he deserves some love back from SU fans.

The team might have needed Donte to take a lot of shots, but no team needs any player to take bad shots (much less a lot of bad shots).

He's a nice kid. I like him. But he coasted through that season. Occasionally he scratched the surface of his potential, posting guys up, playing inside out (as he did when we upset Marquette). The bulk of the time was spent hoisting up 25-footers, looking absolutely lost on the wing of the zone, and posing for the cameras. None of those things makes him unlikable or some kind of bad person, but they can't be excused away as some necessity foisted upon him because his teammates were limited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom