Dear Jim Boeheim go after this 5 yr FA for next year Anthony Lee from Temple | Syracusefan.com

Dear Jim Boeheim go after this 5 yr FA for next year Anthony Lee from Temple

Alsacs

Living Legend
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...y-lee-transferring-elsewhere-for-final-season

He was a high energy guy from last year when we played them at MSG. He will have 1 year of eligibility and he is good insurance for our frontcourt in case Jerami Grant declares for the NBA Draft.

11 double doubles this year and he would replenish our front court even with McCollough and Roberson. Please JB go after this kid hard.

This is an interesting point. I was wondering about the possibility of going after a graduate transfer after I read about Bryce Dejean-Jones leaving UNLV. Suffice it to say, Mr Dejean-Jones would not be a positive addition to our locker room based on his history, but there might be other possibilities out there like Lee.

I don't think a 5th year senior wants to be an "insurance policy".
I am saying insurance because it isn't 100% Grant is gone, but I think smart money is he is going to the NBA. If Fair and Grant are gone Lee is perfect for 1 year in case Roberson and McCollough aren't both ready and we a 5th year Senior for 1 year who can give us some post scoring.

If we can convince him to come, who am I to say no? I'm all for adding talented players to the roster.

I love the 5th year FAs. Such a weird loophole.
Its a joke. It is free agency for all intensive purposes. Go to a school and graduate and if you haven't used your 4 years of eligibility then you are free to go anywhere.

If I was a college basketball player I would go to summer school load up on credits, take a high course load during the fall semester, and maybe 10 credits during the basketball season and try to graduate in 3 years. That way my final year I could play anywhere I wanted.

If I was a college basketball player I would go to summer school load up on credits, take a high course load during the fall semester, and maybe 10 credits during the basketball season and try to graduate in 3 years. That way my final year I could play anywhere I wanted.

Seems like a lot of work in hopes you get "signed" by the school of your choice to play for one year

I'd rather coast through 4-5 years and just enjoy the school you signed with.

Its a joke. It is free agency for all intensive purposes. Go to a school and graduate and if you haven't used your 4 years of eligibility then you are free to go anywhere..

Seems fair to me.

It is inconsistent with the general NCAA policy of treating its players like indentured servants, but I'm not sure that's a mark against it. It even has the ancillary benefit of rewarding kids for graduating.

I just hope JB goes after this kid hard. He reminded me a poor man's Hak Warrick. He crashed the boards hard against us last year. We play @Villanova next year so the kid would get a game in Philly next year. If Grant is going to the NBA he is a perfect replacement. If Grant and Fair are gone that is a lot of pressure for Roberson/McCollough. I like everything I have heard from McCollough, but we don't know if he is a sure thing for next year.

I don't like the rule and JB is on record many times stating the same. Not to say he wouldn't take advantage of the rule while its allowed. I could see Lee fitting in nicely but unless we lose either Grant or Roberson I'm not sure we need another forward. Remember MikeG may play more 3 than guard next year if Patterson emerges or Joseph becomes the backup point (which I expect he does) We also have a young shooter named BJ who can play the 2/3 so I'm not sure although for a 1 season rental I guess it couldn't hurt.

I don't like the rule and JB is on record many times stating the same. Not to say he wouldn't take advantage of the rule while its allowed. I could see Lee fitting in nicely but unless we lose either Grant or Roberson I'm not sure we need another forward. Remember MikeG may play more 3 than guard next year if Patterson emerges or Joseph becomes the backup point (which I expect he does) We also have a young shooter named BJ who can play the 2/3 so I'm not sure although for a 1 season rental I guess it couldn't hurt.
I doubt Roberson is going anywhere and if Grant is coming back I wouldn't pursue Lee as it wouldn't be fair to our current guys, but if Grant is gone. Then Lee is a perfect replacement for 1 year and means JB can play a deeper rotation. When JB has a deeper bench he likes to press more and speed opponents up when he can. He used to press all the time in 2012 just because we were so much deeper.

Lee is perfect for this team. He is athletic, long, and can score with his back to the basket.

and can score with his back to the basket.

Great attribute for most big men, but not really as asset used on SU teams of recent years. Sadly.

Great attribute for most big men, but not really as asset used on SU teams of recent years. Sadly.

I was excited to see Rak get 3 opportunities against NCST but he missed them all in that game. We really miss a guy like DC2 over our struggles on offense. Just the post threat and the ability to draw fouls along to go with his offensive rebounding could get you through some poor shooting games. I will once again go into next season hoping with Rak and some DC2 (health obviously may once again stop him) we will have some sort of post game. I will likely be wrong again but I will hope for it.