Defense was locked in tonight and we got our best win of the season | Syracusefan.com

Defense was locked in tonight and we got our best win of the season

Ya, with the exception of some threes we stiffled their offence. VT is a small team and our size was evident tonight. Wake will be different as I think they have that big shot blocker. Good start to conference play.

Four guys in double figures, Moyer in a Double-Double and OB missing by 1 rebound (we'll cut his some slack, he scored 19!). The kids seem to be gaining some offensive confidence as the season progresses (in my opinion). If Chukw had put in a few buckets, the score would have been ridiculous.

Four guys in double figures, Moyer in a Double-Double and OB missing by 1 rebound (we'll cut his some slack, he scored 19!). The kids seem to be gaining some offensive confidence as the season progresses (in my opinion). If Chukw had put in a few buckets, the score would have been ridiculous.
You would think sooner or later some of these ridiculous misses by Chukwu and Dolezaj would by the law of averages start dropping. Watch other teams play and they just sem to hit the shoots within 2 to 3 ft.

Even when VPI cut it to three I never really feared the outcome. Their shooters aren’t as good as advertised and the effort on them was focused. Mostly, I think, they were just too small- Cuse intimidated them inside and out. I’m not sure if this was a statement on how good Cuse is or how good Va Tech isn’t.

They were scared to take it inside and get to the rim. Our height and length gave them big problems and they literally only looked to kick it out or kick it to the corner for a 3. They were completely one dimensional tonight.

Posted this in another thread:

This is how good our defense was tonight:

VT was averaging 9.4 3-pointers made in their first 13 games. Tonight they made 10. Right on their average. And we held them to 35 points UNDER their average score.

VT was averaging 9.4 3-pointers made in their first 13 games. Tonight they made 10. Right on their average. And we held them to 35 points UNDER their average score.
Yeah I have to imagine that will be the smallest team we face all year in the ACC. They had 1 guy over 6-6!

You would think sooner or later some of these ridiculous misses by Chukwu and Dolezaj would by the law of averages start dropping. Watch other teams play and they just sem to hit the shoots within 2 to 3 ft.

I'll bring my calculator to Wake!

Even when VPI cut it to three I never really feared the outcome. Their shooters aren’t as good as advertised and the effort on them was focused. Mostly, I think, they were just too small- Cuse intimidated them inside and out. I’m not sure if this was a statement on how good Cuse is or how good Va Tech isn’t.

Yep... They are very good when playing teams 75+ but when it comes to power conferences you cannot compete with teams when your second tallest guy is 6'6".

Yeah I have to imagine that will be the smallest team we face all year in the ACC. They had 1 guy over 6-6!

Exactly... We rebound 40% of our misses and that's against average height teams Va tech is an undersized 3 point shooting team. We aren't losing to those kinds of teams this year. We have too good of a defense and rebounding team this year to lose to those one dimensional teams, regardless of our offensive struggles.

That's a great thing because we aren't gonna burn the nets often this year.

I strongly disagree with this. I like Bibs and Robinson and that new guy Walker is very good

Word. The D has been nothing short of spectacular and real.

Four guys in double figures, Moyer in a Double-Double and OB missing by 1 rebound (we'll cut his some slack, he scored 19!).

Loved seeing Moyer give everything he had, go for 11 and 13 and get booed for not ending the game with the gimme dunk that would have gotten us to Taco Time! :)