Defense. | Syracusefan.com

Defense.

Biggest takeaway for me, in addition to what you said, they tackled. Other than on passing plays were they out of position and not sticking the tackle. Even when they did get burned on a pass they made more tackles after the catch than in previous games.

Huge turnaround and that's a big part of Cover 2 as stupid as that sounds. If you're going to force teams to nickel and dime their way down the field, you have to make tackles to force them into as many plays as possible in order to score.

They played fantastic and are honestly the reason for this win. Dino went and talked to Corey Winfield right after the game because he played better than he has all year. He's had a rough go of things so I loved that Dino took the time out and recognized him for his improved play. The defensive line got solid pressure rushing four all game, which was a surprise and a big reason for the improved overall defensive play IMO. Evans did not make good throws with anybody in his face. Paris Bennett impressed again and Daivon Ellison stepped up in a HUGE way. Loved seeing it!

I thought the defensive player of the game was the grad transfer from Colorado Wilson, the early sack, the pressure he made a great play on the one attempted end around where you could see his experience he stayed outside. He played great. But so did everybody on d

I thought the defensive player of the game was the grad transfer from Colorado Wilson, the early sack, the pressure he made a great play on the one attempted end around where you could see his experience he stayed outside. He played great. But so did everybody on d

He also recovered the fumble, I believe. De'John Wilson had a good game

He also recovered the fumble, I believe. De'John Wilson had a good game
Not only did he recover it - he stripped it in the first place.

D certainly helped win the game, but o and st did ok too. Total team effort. Most impressive illustration was the long drive to answer their tying one. Gave the d a chance to rest and regroup. Showed on the subsequent 3 and out. Then the punt and Bris' return and it was basically over right there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom