defensive drops | Syracusefan.com

defensive drops

Tobias Funke

All Conference
Offense was terrible...special teams was worse...and despite a strong defensive game we win that game easily if our dbacks can actually catch the ball. We missed out on 4 solid interception opportunities including a pick 6 by P. Thomas. The blame lies on our ability to score the football, but our defense cannot be left off the hook completely. They kept us in the game, but they too failed to capitalize at points.

See your point, but disagree. The defense did everything we could have asked for today. They put the offense in position to score points.

See your point, but disagree. The defense did everything we could have asked for today. They put the offense in position to score points.
They also neutralized the injuries agreement. D played great without arguably the two top guys on the unit.

I see where you are coming from, but Chas Dodd was throwing the ball like he thought he was wearing blue and orange. It happened numerous times and when you go to OT you have to look at the whole package because one play can make a difference. Although the blame still lies on our offense and ST it is something that Shafer and crew need to take a look at.

They also neutralized the injuries agreement. D played great without arguably the two top guys on the unit.

And one of the guys who we weren't sure about, Lyn, played his best game of the year IMO

Agree, Wilkes really stepped it up in the 2nd half after a shaky start.

I agree with this.

Can't blame defensive backs for not making picks ... that's why their not wide receivers.

Besides, they were on the field all day running blitz packages. The offense did them no favors to give them any rest and guys like PT1 couldn't be afforded a rest due to the lack of depth.

The O lost this game along with whatever Coach calls the plays !

Thomas is probably leading the NCAA in dropped interceptions; I have never seen a kid get in front of so many passes in a season he has dropped all but two. It is simply looking the ball in and executing...something that this team seems to be lacking is execution. All of the tools are there.

Offense was terrible...special teams was worse...and despite a strong defensive game we win that game easily if our dbacks can actually catch the ball. We missed out on 4 solid interception opportunities including a pick 6 by P. Thomas. The blame lies on our ability to score the football, but our defense cannot be left off the hook completely. They kept us in the game, but they too failed to capitalize at points.

Seven of them.

Wilkes dropped two, Thomas dropped another, Lynch dropped one, and there were three more that I counted during the game that I'll see when I get the stomach to rewatch the thing tomorrow.

The defense did some things well, but their drops were inexcusable. Rutgers was throwing the ball to blue shirts all day and we came away with too little.

You have to make these types of plays to win close games and we didn't. I thought the D played valiantly and with a lot of heart but they did live some big plays out there that could have turned this game around. You have to be in position to make the play and they were now it's time to take that next step and take advantage of the mistakes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom