Deleone Out? | Syracusefan.com

Deleone Out?

luv that uconn offense.. oline coach with NJ connections would be fine.

God I hope not. There are plenty of eager and capable young OC and position coaches/passing game or running game coordinators out there that could bring currently successful cutting edge systems to SU. The thought of bringing in the re-tread is not exciting and is not going to be exciting for kids to play in or for fans to watch. There is one old school name I could get behind, Hal Mumme. Other than that, give me a new OC who was a position coach any day.

Maybe Deleone was demoted to OL coach with no playcaling duties. ;)

does that mean he is su's next oc?

michael-scott-no.gif

does that mean he is su's next oc?
That might be the biggest kick to the balls from Marrone fall out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

OL/Ass't HC

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

UConn: Former Cincinnati receivers coach TJ Wiest has been named offensive coordinator / receivers coach at UConn. George DeLeone's title will shift to associate head coach / offensive line.

Rumor is he might join Tom Coughlin as an assistant for the Giants.

Ya...but who puts in the game plan and calls plays. We've seen this before.

George has deferred before. It was time for him to take the headset off and just coach his guys.

And shortly after he joins Coughlin, Tom will be looking for a job. Not.

Rumor is he might join Tom Coughlin as an assistant for the Giants.
Think that's one from a couple weeks ago - and was refuted (at least at that point)

Right thing to do for all concerned.
I'll take this opportunity to mention my favorite story about Deleone, as a casual viewer.

If you could go back and watch the broadcast of the Miami - SU game in the dome, ca. 1991, when Miami was #1 and SU was #10, Marvin Graves got hammered in the first half. The Miami DL was killing our OL, and Graves was sacked something like 5 times. One of the broadcasters said that we needed to do something, and all he could think of was employing some obscure OL alignment where some of the guys lined up at an angle, something totally mad-scientist that I had never heard of. We came out in the second half, and there it was. And we came so damn close to pulling out that game.

George was a good OC in his heyday (the 80's) and a very good OL coach. He was Doug's OL coach, wasn't he?
The fact that he's no longer fresh at age 70 isn't anything to be ashamed of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom