DeLeone to Giants? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

DeLeone to Giants?

With all due respect to Deleone, and I'm no huge Gilbride fan but, I would seriously contemplate smashing my head on the table repeatedly until I forgot my football allegiances if Deleone were to come on in any capacity greater than a position coach. It won't happen, they're locked in with Gilbride as long as Coughlin's there though.

hed be a great hire as the Asst OL coach. the last guy is now the HC at Temple.

makes sense that TC would bring in a professional with a ton of experience, who will do things his way...and the Giant way.

Oh Lord

Great, my Giants want to run, run, run, and punt. Thank you, but no. DeLeone had some good years in Syracuse but has since fizzled.

"Some good years"

Define that.

How long have you been watching SU Football?

Him and Casullo are going to take over the Giants so that TC can come back to SU when DM leaves. :rolling:

north by northwest connecticut st mafia
I see now, thank you sir... Deleone was Gilbride's coach. Speaking of Gilbride my fiancé didn't believe me that Buddy Ryan took a shot at Gilbride during a game. Thank God for the interwebs as I promptly pulled up the video. Always good for a laugh.

1. Would almost certaintly be as a postion coach.

2. The man deserves a great deal of respect for what he did here. There is no Sugar, Fiesta, Fiesta, Orange bowl, and all the other bowls without him, and that's just to start.

Agree with all of this. And he's a good addition to the Giants staff.

So is this a force out at UConn?

Surprising to me for various reasons.

But he is very close to Gilbride who brought him to San Diego as OL coach in 1997.

By the way...

“There’s no information or anything on that,” Pasqualoni said. “…my only comment to you is that at this time of year, you know what time of year this is, so, you know. There’s a lot in regards to coaches and movement, around this time of year there’s a lot of speculation on a lot of things.”

I don't miss Pasqualoni interviews.

;)

Assistant OL coach just left the team to coach Temple and the OL coach has had cancer, so it makes sense for Deleone to go there.

As an Eagles fan, I love this.

Just clueless.

DeLeone was a heck of an innovator in offensive football at this level in the late 80's - early 90s. He is deserving of the respect of SU fans. He was essentially the Chip Kelly of college football back then bringing the Freeze Option Passing Game to college football when most of the country still playing Fred Flintstone offense. In fact, many of the popular offenses today (including Oregon) are based on some of the blocking and read principles that DeLeone installed more than 25 years ago.

Did he have struggles later in his career - absolutely - there is no denying that. But to brush him off as a fool is just beyond belief.

"Some good years"

Define that.

How long have you been watching SU Football?

GD was brough in by Mac in the mid-80's, OC from '87-96, left and came back until the GROB disaster. Some great years of football in that stretch, if I recall. 11-0-1, some 10-2 seasons, 9 win seasons. By the end of the PP era, things weren't so good.

From your tone, 9 win, 10 win and 11 win seasons aren't good enough for you?

I've been watching Syracuse for 35 years. My father instilled Orangemen fandom in me, as well as my brothers, when we were young. Though none of us were fortunate enough to attend Syracuse, we grew up in the area and loved them just the same.

I'm curious to know where people ultimately judge P and D for their entire body of work. You'd have to say P is still the second best HC in Syracuse history. Is this even debatable? Hope DeLeone does well with the Giants.

I'm curious to know where people ultimately judge P and D for their entire body of work. You'd have to say P is still the second best HC in Syracuse history. Is this even debatable? Hope DeLeone does well with the Giants.

Good question. I greatly appreciate what they did in the early years. However, by the end, it was clear they were not reeling in the talent and everything was stale, a change was needed. I will always have a positive attitude towards them, but I want the Orange to win. Even if Marrone stays and wins for many years, I would want him gone if he drops to mediocrity or worse over several years.

Yes it's debatable. You can't just look at win/loss records. Mac is the second best because he rebuilt the program after some tough times. P received a ready made program complete with good young players, recruiting ties, and proven systems in place. He did a good job maintaining the success for nearly a decade, but the decline was well underway while on his watch.

I am a huge Giants fan.

It would be great to get DeLeone as OL coach or something similar.

And for those Eagles fans who might be excited by that, that thinking weighs as much as all your Super Bowl trophies. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom