Demoralized | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Demoralized

On third and 9 I believe, a 94 yard td? Yeah that’s fluky.

I’m not discounting that throw because a big play was made and props to both for the connection. But it was a situation that worked out perfectly. Even on that play there was a defender running free right at Welch.
That’s not a high percentage throw for Welch. It was very evident that he gets the ball out, which is what we need right now. Give our guys a chance, it’s better than taking a sack.

I totally agree with what you are saying. At least he gives our guys a shot to make a play. It’s evident however that Welch is not the passer DeVito is when he has time. He one hopped 3 short to intermediate routes. Right now I would take that rather than a sack. Plus his legs will move the chains more often as well.

I put in the game thread that TD does not look up field once he scrambles. I saw numerous wide open receivers as I was sitting at the game. They seemed frustrated after every play going back to the line.

I think Welch gives us the most big play opportunities with the current Oline we have. TD is not a scrambler, and he is rattled because of the sacks.

This season has destroyed any positive momentum with recruits, the media, and the overall heath of our program (and fan base). I don’t want to be overly dramatic, as I try to look at things as objectively as possible.

I just don’t see how this team makes a bowl or how we are any better next season. This will have a negative impact on recruiting. It has been said that Dino finds “hidden talents” but that’s not resulting in a P5 Oline, or explosive playmakers.

This roster is really weak, there is no other way to put it and we are not killing it in recruiting. This could be a 2-3 bad year stretch.

I am sure this will be scoffed at but I don’t see how this team is any better next season. I did not feel this way until tonight. We are losing to mediocre football teams.

Last thing I’ll say is that changes have to be made with coordinators. The play calling has been downright ridiculous and some of these positions looked like they aren’t coached at all.

Really hope I am wrong about the state of the program moving forward.

Were you positive about this season before it started? Most on here were.

If so, then your ability to predict the future is suspect, wouldn’t you say?

So now you are pessimistic about next season. But if you were way wrong about the 2019 season, why would you be right about 2020?

Last edited:

So now you are pessimistic about next season. But if you were way wrong about the 2019 season, why would you be right about 2020?
Life is so very rarely a straight line of progression. College football, outside of perhaps the top 5-6 programs, is not much different.

Life is so very rarely a straight line of progression. College football, outside of perhaps the top 5-6 programs, is not much different.

Remember when, at the beginning of the season, Dino said “This is not the 2018 team. This is a different team. This is the 2019 team.”??

When he said that it was during the height of the pre-season euphoria.

I can remember thinking, “Dino is warning the fans. He doesn’t want to dampen the enthusiasm, but he’s trying to be honest. He was saying that fans might not want to take the 2018 as the baseline and add to it.”

Of course no few listened. Many were busy scoffing at the coaches and prognosticators talking about a 5-7 season.

I was on the hype train. I underestimated the loss of key guys on the Oline and of course Dungey. The lack of development is apparent.

This oline will not magically be good next year unless we get some serious grad transfers. It’s possible, like Martin last year. Unfortunately we pulled him because of a personal relationship with Dino. I doubt we see SEC caliber guys coming next year.

Who else do we have coming in that will make an immediate impact and bolster our squad? Even if some Oline guys develop, we will go from the worst Oline in P5 to mediocre.

I was on the hype train. I underestimated the loss of key guys on the Oline and of course Dungey. The lack of development is apparent.

This oline will not magically be good next year unless we get some serious grad transfers. It’s possible, like Martin last year. Unfortunately we pulled him because of a personal relationship with Dino. I doubt we see SEC caliber guys coming next year.

Who else do we have coming in that will make an immediate impact and bolster our squad? Even if some Oline guys develop, we will go from the worst Oline in P5 to mediocre.

No offense. But you are making my point.

You were very wrong about 2019. (You weren’t alone!)

But now you can see the 2020 OL clearly?

We’ve lost two games by one possession. If it wernt for an atrocious call we would have had a chance to tie the game last night. That’s With arguably the worst OL in the country. Have some perspective. Things aren’t great but it’s also not as bad as some on here would lead you to believe.
Weren't the same things said (only lost by x points, or if one possession had gone our way instead, etc.) when Shafer was the coach too? It is tiring to have to continue to think about the what ifs with this program.

There is no fluidity at all and every time we get a first down I’m seemingly caught off guard.

This is what feel likes Grob. Being surprised when we get a first down and thinking we have momentum now. I guess the difference is DB has shown its possible to get another first down on the same drive, so you always feel like there’s hope. With Grob you knew a first down was meaningless.

We’ve lost two games by one possession. If it wernt for an atrocious call we would have had a chance to tie the game last night. That’s With arguably the worst OL in the country. Have some perspective. Things aren’t great but it’s also not as bad as some on here would lead you to believe.

oh god. Are you actually trying to say we’re a pretty good team minus a couple bad breaks. You just can’t make this stuff up. RutgersAl special fairy dust is a real thing!

oh god. Are you actually trying to say we’re a pretty good team minus a couple bad breaks. You just can’t make this stuff up. RutgersAl special fairy dust is a real thing!
Did you miss where I said things aren’t great or did you purposefully just ignore that? i didn’t say anything like that. Things are never as bad or as great as most of the hysterical posters believe.

Weren't the same things said (only lost by x points, or if one possession had gone our way instead, etc.) when Shafer was the coach too? It is tiring to have to continue to think about the what ifs with this program.
Ya mean the 10 win season we just had? When did we have that with Shafer? How is that a what if?

Ya mean the 10 win season we just had? When did we have that with Shafer? How is that a what if?
So one season compared to how many others? My point is last season is the anomaly and this one seems to have us back to the normal what if speculation.

Did you miss where I said things aren’t great or did you purposefully just ignore that? i didn’t say anything like that. Things are never as bad or as great as most of the hysterical posters believe.

I read it again thinking I was just being a hot head. You mostly imply we aren’t as bad as people think. The game last night was Grob bad, almost and it’s not just the oline. Sorry, we are as bad as a lot of people are saying. Even with the potential of winning the last two games are coaching staff was completely inept, two games in a row. We are #orangeisthenewfast and we can’t even go fast enough to have a chance to win the game at the end. We didn’t really have a chance to win either game if you watch it again because the coaching was so bad. And I’m not even talking about playcalling overall. We can’t even have plays ready after a time out.

State got thumped by BC, Maryland will finish 1 game ahead of Rutgers in the Big 10, and Pitt will probably play a mid December bowl game, none of the losses looks good

Again... I get it
You mean like Narduncey playing press coverage on 4th and 25 and the cb getting a holding call on a ball thrown 15 yards over the receivers head now that was stepping up and making a play

Have you been watching old episodes of Kung Fu again? Master Po.

Because we have the same crappy recruits and coordinators that apparently Dungey must have bailed out time and time again

Anyone else notice the last 2 weeks that in the 4th we seem to have no sense of urgency when it comes to time clock management. Plays coming in slow, players lining up slow, etc. I thought we were OITNF?????

In the Dino era, I've just never felt like he understands proper clock management. There have been times when we have had a lead and should have been slowing down and working the clock, but the argument here was "well we're a fast team so we can't slow down because that's not our identity." And then there are other times like the game at Clemson last year when we should have been using timeouts in order to give us some time to work with on our last possession, but we didn't, and we had like 30 seconds left to go the entire field. And then there are the past two games, where we're running incredibly time-consuming plays down two scores with 4 minutes left. Our sense of urgency very often doesn't correlate with time and situation.

Not to mention that fluke 94 yard pass. And yes, that was extremely fluky.
[/QUOTE]

that was indeed doug flukey .frankly the best offensive stick movers i saw yesterday were the muffed punt and pass interference calls. PI on 4 th and 25 ? it was a damned gift given the balls were uncatchable.
dino no doubt heard some boo birds at the half. crowd wasn't thrilled with the show. to date things seemed to be on the upswing. we'll see how he handles the dome if and when things get really ugly.

Doesn’t mean the ball finds the intended target but yeah

no but its better than taking 8 yard sacks on the reg. Thats the lines fault as much as anything but tommy‘s going through growing pains right now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom