Departures? | Syracusefan.com

Departures?

Timonen

All Conference
Anybody else find it weird that we haven’t formally heard anything about who’s officially leaving the program? Feels like this is sorting itself out everywhere else and I haven’t heard a peep, even though we know it’s coming. Maybe I just missed it!

Why the hell would anyone want to leave after the season we just had? Even the new QB who is replacing a legend won us 2 games the aforementioned departing QB possibly would not have. We are the only school that can beat Clemson and we get them at home next year.

Why the hell would anyone want to leave after the season we just had? Even the new QB who is replacing a legend won us 2 games the aforementioned departing QB possibly would not have. We are the only school that can beat Clemson and we get them at home next year.

Because maybe they didn't play much, or at all?
And are not projected to play much, or at all next year?
Maybe they lost their job to a better player this year?

Kids transfer from Alabama and Clemson too.
It's not about being able to win, it's about playing opportunity for them.

Comstock states quite well why, but just wanted to add that it is quite clear that more are to come, based on the class size Dino has talked about bringing in when all is said and done.

I keep checking here every day to see if there's an update. Well, ok, I check here everyday anyway.

Just Colin Byrne so far, and with the 17 scholarship guys we have and the 68 we now have returning that would be a full 85. I don't think that is where we end up, I tend to believe at least 3-4 more guys will be going, but right now that is where we are. For every guy we want to sign we have to cut someone.

Because maybe they didn't play much, or at all?
And are not projected to play much, or at all next year?
Maybe they lost their job to a better player this year?

Kids transfer from Alabama and Clemson too.
It's not about being able to win, it's about playing opportunity for them.

I know all that...

Just stating that we are a 180 degree polar opposite of say Louisville and their transfer situation at the moment.

Not everyone wants to drop down to 1AA so they can play and not be a backup. Some might want to ride it out get the SU degree and be part of a contending team.

I know all that...

Just stating that we are a 180 degree polar opposite of say Louisville and their transfer situation at the moment.

Not everyone wants to drop down to 1AA so they can play and not be a backup. Some might want to ride it out get the SU degree and be part of a contending team.

And some people don’t. Hence why some kids transfer. Not really that complicated. Been going on for years for schools ranked 1 - whatever

Byrne
Cullen
Butler
Amie

Maybe two-three more either academic or just transfer

Not trying to push anyone out or be rude but I’m surprised we haven’t heard anything regarding Cordy yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom