Depressing End of an Era | Syracusefan.com

Depressing End of an Era

BBQuse

Walk On
I've been a fan for 40 years. The end of every season is depressing and puts me in a funk for at least a few days. Sometimes it hurts more, sometimes less, but it's always painful. But this year, with this surreal ending, I don't know how to feel. The game itself was a heartbreaker -- showing our potential and then, once again, being undone by our fatal flaws. If we had pulled it out, I think we could have made a run, but who knows.

But then what to make of this circus surrounding Coach? I was in the camp where I would have been happy if Coach called it quits this year, but also happy if he was given another year, as I think he earned the opportunity to get one more chance with this class of freshman. And he also deserved to go out in a way where the community could show it's appreciation for what he has done for the school and the City of Syracuse. I surely don't know what the "iron-clad" plan was (if it existed) or what has changed over the last month or so, but I do know that all parties (including Boeheim) could have handled it better for the sake of Coach's legacy and the good of the program as a whole and it's incredibly disheartening to watch this train wreck unfold. I'll be cheering next year for whoever is on the bench clad in orange, but this offseason is going to be harder than any I've seen.

If it’s the end, and by all actions and accounts it feels like it is, I’ll be happy for all JB did. And HAPPIER he has finally accepted reality. It’s a great day to be Orange past, present and future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom