Depth chart for CMU released... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Depth chart for CMU released...

At any rate, it interesting. The staff clearly seems to be over the moon on Ish. Would be something if he had a breakout game against CMU or MD.

Hunt seems to have some connection with West and Wilson went to him in OT. I thought West was clutch.

I honestly don't understand the love affair with Flemming. He is a solid player, but West has been a solid contributor and starter for 3 seasons now. Ishmael on the other hand I feel he can be special and love seeing him getting a chance to start right away. imo our best lineup would have West, Ish, Broyld/Estime on the field together. Ultimately I don't really think it matters since we see a ton of 4 wr sets.

CuseOnly said:
I am very surprised by this.

We all had high expectations for Williams, especially after he worked hard to get in shape, but it's clear he's still learning the position.

anomander said:
I honestly don't understand the love affair with Flemming. He is a solid player, but West has been a solid contributor and starter for 3 seasons now. Ishmael on the other hand I feel he can be special and love seeing him getting a chance to start right away. imo our best lineup would have West, Ish, Broyld/Estime on the field together. Ultimately I don't really think it matters since we see a ton of 4 wr sets.

With all the bubble screens we run, I think Fleming might be one of our better blockers on the edge. Therefore he's listed with the 1s. I saw a lot if passing situations against nova where he was not on the field.

rrlbees said:
So the problem with our offense is West? Got it. A "body" would be scout team. West is hardly that. He's done very well for us and been one if our leading receivers. And it took more than Brisly's return to win that game. Great return at the right time. But his fumble almost killed us too. And that's not a shot at Bri. I love the kid. But I'm not going to tear down West to build up Bri. I'm glad we have both.

West is a solid player. Not sure what TBus is taking about but I imagine no one else does either.

I saw another depth chart with Josh Parris back and starting at TE. I wonder if one is the updated version? I thought Parris had a good chance of being back. Would be great if possible.

I wish there was a way to have both Brisly and Ashton on the field together.

I would also like to see a lot more Jamal Custis if we are going to be splitting the TE most of the time. He ran wide open down the middle of the field during one of his limited reps last Friday.

Inside source?

We all had high expectations for Williams, especially after he worked hard to get in shape, but it's clear he's still learning the position.

I thought this was funny. Personally I would love to see the kid get a shot. He's obviously naturally talented, and put in the work to get into game shape. If anything his dedication since arriving on campus should be a message to the staff that he is hungry to play.

Wayne Williams @7Williams5 · 23h
I made Syracuse university wait enough! The wait is over
203c.png
#BeatCMU #OpenMyCageCoach
1f50a.png

I thought this was funny. Personally I would love to see the kid get a shot. He's obviously naturally talented, and put in the work to get into game shape. If anything his dedication since arriving on campus should be a message to the staff that he is hungry to play.

Wayne Williams @7Williams5 · 23h
I made Syracuse university wait enough! The wait is over
203c.png
#BeatCMU #OpenMyCageCoach
1f50a.png
Yeah I have a hard time buying that he can't contribute a little bit.

Yeah I have a hard time buying that he can't contribute a little bit.

We're not going to go far on a 7 man DL rotation. Especially if the offense wants to play fast. It won't add up. Shafer will have to tell McDonald to huddle up and keep it slow, they need the time.

We're not going to go far on a 7 man DL rotation. Especially if the offense wants to play fast. It won't add up. Shafer will have to tell McDonald to huddle up and keep it slow, they need the time.
Nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

WHY MUST WE ALWAYS HURT THE ONES WE LOVE?!?!?!?!?

Banjo!

Depth charts are boring...I'll just watch the game,that will tell me a lot more
Remember all the players that JB would start... and then pull 40 seconds into the game.

West is a solid player. Not sure what TBus is taking about but I imagine no one else does either.

You like West, i dont. neither is right or wrong. Since Sales and Lemon left, he has shown little to no ability to get open. This part is not opinion. If West is related to you, or a close friend, then i get your blind support and failure to look at what u see on the field. Luckily for West, all of our best WR are very young so he will get his snaps.

You like West, i dont. neither is right or wrong. Since Sales and Lemon left, he has shown little to no ability to get open. This part is not opinion. If West is related to you, or a close friend, then i get your blind support and failure to look at what u see on the field. Luckily for West, all of our best WR are very young so he will get his snaps.

It sounds a lot more like you have some kind of axe to grind with him, than it does that those supporting him are related or close friends.

No one is saying he's a superstar. But not being a superstar doesn't mean worthless, which is the narrative you appear to be framing. He's a solid possession WR, good for about 5 catches per game, knows the offense, blocks well. Probably serves as a great mentor for the younger guys.

Last edited:
TBCuse11 said:

You saying you don't like him. Is your opinion. But the rest that you claim is fact, is also your opinion since it's not fact. He missed 2 games last year and was injured a few others. Yet he led the team in yards per catch and yards per game. Out first game this year he led the team in catches and yards. He must get open somehow.

It sounds a lot more like you have some kind of axe to grind with him, than it does that those supporting him are related or close friends.

No one is saying he's a superstar. But not being a superstar doesn't mean worthless, which is the narrative you appear to be framing. He's a solid possession WR, good for about 5 catches per game, knows the offense, blocks well. Probably serves as a great mentor for the younger guys.

agree to disagree.

You saying you don't like him. Is your opinion. But the rest that you claim is fact, is also your opinion since it's not fact. He missed 2 games last year and was injured a few others. Yet he led the team in yards per catch and yards per game. Out first game this year he led the team in catches and yards. He must get open somehow.

you are better than this Bees... last year he had absolutely no one who could have possibly put up better numbers than him since the frosh never played and Broyld was learning a new position. This year, everyone is older and most likely better (West reached his peak ages ago). Ish is a talent we havent had year in a while. He needs to play.

Im not sure if this is a stat, but i would bet a large amount that by the end of they year West will not even be top 4 in yards per snap he is on the field.
I hope i am wrong and he shines, but when he leaves this year its not a big deal AT ALL.

TBCuse11 said:
you are better than this Bees... last year he had absolutely no one who could have possibly put up better numbers than him since the frosh never played and Broyld was learning a new position. This year, everyone is older and most likely better (West reached his peak ages ago). Ish is a talent we havent had year in a while. He needs to play. Im not sure if this is a stat, but i would bet a large amount that by the end of they year West will not even be top 4 in yards per snap he is on the field. I hope i am wrong and he shines, but when he leaves this year its not a big deal AT ALL.

It's more likely that West takes over for Flemming as Ish emerges.

It was about the same time last year that TBexcuse was saying that PSU sucked after our loss to them, SU had no chance to make a bowl game, UCF would go winless in the ACC and telling anyone who challenged him that they needed to get a grip, get out of their mom's basement, they couldn't see reality, blah, blah, blah

Stop, rewind, play. Now 2015. The current analysis of West has about as much merit as all his other spot-on prognostications. West will graduate (barring injury) in the Top 10 all-time at SU in receptions and yards. Some would say that rates him out as more than just a body out on the field.

I guess sometimes you just gotta consider the source. When you do things make much more sense on this board.

I wouldn't put too much into the depth chart. ;)

It was about the same time last year that TBexcuse was saying that PSU sucked after our loss to them, SU had no chance to make a bowl game, UCF would go winless in the ACC and telling anyone who challenged him that they needed to get a grip, get out of their mom's basement, they couldn't see reality, blah, blah, blah

Stop, rewind, play. Now 2015. The current analysis of West has about as much merit as all his other spot-on prognostications. West will graduate (barring injury) in the Top 10 all-time at SU in receptions and yards. Some would say that rates him out as more than just a body out on the field.

I guess sometimes you just gotta consider the source. When you do things make much more sense on this board.

Yeah that CFU one is brilliant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom