Depth Chart thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Depth Chart thread

I have to disagree with you here. I think Franklin, Moskal, and Thomas all play, and for the most part back up the 1's. The size is there, the talent is there, and all can be huge assets on special teams. Plus I am pretty sure Franklin was already told he will not red shirt. Saving the year of eligibility is important, but you also don't get to travel with the teams if you redshirt. Since 2 of the 3 will most likely be starting in 2015 I think Shafer would want them to see some road environments to get them some experience.

We will see. If any of the frosh play, it will be Thomas and Zaire. Jameis Winston redshirted his freshman year at FSU and didn't travel, but that obviously has had no bearing on him. I don't think Shafer will burn someone's redshirt just to get them in the mix; further, being able to have 5th year seniors is a luxury that I'm sure he will try to maintain. Vigille's spot is up for grabs out of the three 2nd spots and Luke and Josh need to have good summer camps to hang on to theirs.

Now with that being said, if one of these kids at any position is good enough to play right now, then Shaf will play them. He is here to win, and win only.

I can't help but think how different this thread is than it would have been a few years ago. Just amazing how far we have come.
Go Orange.

I can't help but think how different this thread is than it would have been a few years ago. Just amazing how far we have come.
Go Orange.

It's amazing how long a program can be allowed to spiral out of the control before somebody waking up. We should've never gotten as low with how strong this program's history is, but we did.

It's a shame, but it makes our rise back that much more enjoyable.

Even without KJ in the mix, I almost forgot how stacked SU is at WR. Goddamn. Wonder if we'll see any 5-wide sets (if that's the case, Gulley will probably line up on the LOS from RB, though)

He just not the type of RB we want in our offense. We don't want the big bruisers like Rome and AAM. We want the quick, shifty, all-purpose backs like PTG, McFarland, Morris, and Erv. I'd be surprised if AAM gets more then 10 carries when it matters.

I firmly believe that AAM should be used within the context of the defense that is being used/played against SU's offense. Sometimes you need a sledge hammer to break through the wall when you can't go around it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom