Derrick Coleman calls Nets' last game in New Jersey a 'sad day' for state's fans | Syracusefan.com

Derrick Coleman calls Nets' last game in New Jersey a 'sad day' for state's fans

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
10875098-large.jpg

http://blog.syracuse.com/sports/2012/04/former_syracuse_basketball_sta.html

At least they'll always have Rutgers basketball in New Jersey.

DC's heart is obviously in the right place when he made those comments, but by in large, NJ doesn't deserve the Nets. Even when they were awesome in the early 2000s, they were always towards the bottom of league attendance.

Jason Kidd had to go to local businesses to beg people to come out to the NBA Finals two straight seasons.. The Nets will not be missed in NJ. This is for the best.

last nite was the last game for the nets in new jersey? whoopdy-damn-doo!

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

You incorrectly assume anyone notices.

Rutgers people on their board are still vehemently guaranteeing one another that a B1G invite is inevitable. “Help is on the way”, they insist.
They remind me of the Cargo Cults in the South Pacific after the end of WWII.
During the War residents of these islands observed the Americans bringing in large amounts of cargo on airplanes.
After WWII ended the island, the natives built crude imitation landing strips, aircraft and radio equipment aimed at attracting these planes and their cargo back. I’m sure they were guaranteeing one another that the planes would come back.

Jason Kidd had to go to local businesses to beg people to come out to the NBA Finals two straight seasons.. The Nets will not be missed in NJ. This is for the best.
You're right.
And those teams that lost in the Finals were fun to watch.
J. Kidd ran an exciting offense.

Being from NJ, and having season tickets during the 02 and 03 seasons, I must say that the Nets will hardly be missed here. Attendance always stunk. Granted, I believe that if they were actually somewhat decent the past couple of years while playing in the Prudential Center, things would have been getting better. But by the time they were at the Rock, the already had a foot out the door towards Brooklyn.