Derrick Coleman tweeting during games and dropping the hammer on one player | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Derrick Coleman tweeting during games and dropping the hammer on one player

Look I am not trying to criticize any of the players but when you get out rebounded by 15 I would say there is an argument for having been soft on the glass. Rak certainly did his part with 12 boards but the other two guys...not so much.

And say what you want about DC lacking effort at times but he would have been magnificent in a game like last night...playing North Carolina on Big Monday!
there is a difference between being soft and not being able. Silent G is not soft but he can't rebound with those UNC guys.

if you can earn 91 million and still go bankrupt, you might not be the brightest bulb
From the Wall Street Journal 4/9/2010:

"Coleman’s desire to invest in the Detroit area after his playing career ended contributed to his financial problems, Coleman’s bankruptcy attorney Mark B. Berke said Friday.

Among Coleman’s ventures is a struggling Detroit development called Coleman’s Corner, an attempt to revive one of the city’s most downtrodden neighborhoods. Coleman defaulted on loans related to the mall last year.

“Mr. Coleman was focused on investing in various communities throughout the city of Detroit by developing real estate, creating jobs and revitalizing business opportunities,” Berke said. “Due to the state of the economy, including the decline in the real estate market, Mr. Coleman’s investments could not be sustained.”

I'd wager he's a whole lot brighter than your typical internet fanboard poster.

Orange Barrel said:
From the Wall Street Journal 4/9/2010: "Coleman’s desire to invest in the Detroit area after his playing career ended contributed to his financial problems, Coleman’s bankruptcy attorney Mark B. Berke said Friday. Among Coleman’s ventures is a struggling Detroit development called Coleman’s Corner, an attempt to revive one of the city’s most downtrodden neighborhoods. Coleman defaulted on loans related to the mall last year. “Mr. Coleman was focused on investing in various communities throughout the city of Detroit by developing real estate, creating jobs and revitalizing business opportunities,” Berke said. “Due to the state of the economy, including the decline in the real estate market, Mr. Coleman’s investments could not be sustained.” I'd wager he's a whole lot brighter than your typical internet fanboard poster.
You could buy Detroit with 90 million and have 89 million to spare

If thats what he thinks about Patterson I would have to hear what he said about, mookie, sean williams, and the 2 wrights.

Patterson has been one of our best defenders all year (a big part is minutes played), he creates plays off the dribble with the quick pass and spacing well, hes got a strong basketball body and is pure hustle.

there is a difference between being soft and not being able. Silent G is not soft but he can't rebound with those UNC guys.

No PF on cuse to combat unc's pf's and the unc center was noticiably stronger then christmas. Furthermore, Xmas started to play off his man 3-5 feet starting a third of the way through the second half.

If thats what he thinks about Patterson I would have to hear what he said about, mookie, sean williams, and the 2 wrights.

Patterson has been one of our best defenders all year (a big part is minutes played), he creates plays off the dribble with the quick pass and spacing well, hes got a strong basketball body and is pure hustle.

I'm sure he thought Sean Williams belonged where he transferred to.

No PF on cuse to combat unc's pf's and the unc center was noticiably stronger then christmas. Furthermore, Xmas started to play off his man 3-5 feet starting a third of the way through the second half.

All I'm going to say is this. If Arinze Onuaku had bumped a player 3-feet of their spot with a little jab of his hip and ass the way Meeks did to Roc, he would have fouled out in the first half. They let Meeks do whatever he wanted to the point we had to double him and leave the other guy open for offensive boards.

Wow, I guess I'm the most surprised/disappointed here. That comment was ridiculous and he should be getting crap for it.

Ron might be ungood, but he plays for your alma mater, and one in which you remain a very public figure with.

That's all we need is former players hammering current ones.

It is really amazing how much criticism this board and fans gave Paul Harris, johnny Flynn, and Donte Greene got as freshman and underclassmen...compared with how kj,bj, And Patterson are being sheltered from relevant criticism.

It is really amazing how much criticism this board and fans gave Paul Harris, johnny Flynn, and Donte Greene got as freshman and underclassmen...compared with how kj,bj, And Patterson are being sheltered from relevant criticism.

God I would kill to have Donte on this team.

Sounds a little like when Josh Pace got the crap pounded out of him by the goons from Pitt and UConn.

Mookie could shoot. D. Wright would have been Roberson-esque. J. Wright was money in the BET against Pitt.

No one mentions Howard Triche's miss before that.
Triche made one of 2 and hit the basket before which gave us the 3 point lead which we lost on the last two baskets.

People tend to have higher expectations when talking about McD AA players, as opposed to guys in the next tier. However, I'd disagree that the 3 guys you mention are being sheltered from criticism.

Dayshawn Wright played in my men's league for a couple years. I realize he probably slid downhill quite a bit when he left Syracuse, but, he literally got dominated at times in this league with mainly 30 something never weres. His team finished second to last. I just remembered how crazy I thought that was.

I believe he ripped another player last year on twitter who I will not name .

I believe he ripped another player last year on twitter who I will not name .

If DC puts somebody on blast in his Twitter feed, why do we need to protect their identity? Its out there, right? Its like saying "the NY Times wrote a scathing article about somebody I won't name."

If Coleman had taken the kid aside and read him the riot act under the auspices of motivating him, that's all well and good. But to pull the rug out from under him the way he did, when he didn't even know it was happening, was unconscionable. I hope DC resolves this. I admire Coleman's record at SU, but I expect a lot better from him in situations like this. Come on DC, we need you, now as much as ever before.

Now, if he calls Len Elmore a monotonous bore ... :D

Look I am not trying to criticize any of the players but when you get out rebounded by 15 I would say there is an argument for having been soft on the glass. Rak certainly did his part with 12 boards but the other two guys...not so much.

And say what you want about DC lacking effort at times but he would have been magnificent in a game like last night...playing North Carolina on Big Monday!

When you play a tweener like MG at the 3 you're gonna get killed on the boards against any team with a tall and physical front line...

When you play a tweener like MG at the 3 you're gonna get killed on the boards against any team with a tall and physical front line...
G is playing out of position, hard to fault him, he's battling for sure.

According to the team pages on ESPN Silent G is 6'7 200 pounds. Carolina's main big guys are 6'8 and 6'9 and about 200-210 pounds except for Meeks who is 280. He has no chance against meeks but the other guys he should be able to compete against.

Wow, I guess I'm the most surprised/disappointed here. That comment was ridiculous and he should be getting crap for it.

Ron might be ungood, but he plays for your alma mater, and one in which you remain a very public figure with.

That's all we need is former players hammering current ones.

And not just current ones, but current ones who are busting their ass and regarded as good teammates.

Coleman's made himself look like a putz many times; this was over the line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom