Desko | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Desko

Lock Desko up with an extension before somebody else swoops in an grabs him. He’s a treasure.

Lol the last time you posted on this board was after the Colgate loss.

In fact, looking at your small history on the lacrosse forum, you have only posted after a loss. Literally not one other time. Just hit and run trolling.
4310C22C-3B89-4174-8C37-1B1CBF1D4273.gif

Played 6 years of lax growing up and coached 2 years really only start following lax after bball season but this program has fallen big time. Changes are needed.

I watch a few games a year and I just don’t see us improving anytime soon. He did good and now it’s time for a new guy. Could he be stuck in some philosophical place where he does what Roy did but it’s a different time and that just doesn’t work anymore. Has to be a bit different recruiting wise cause back then we could walk and then out with a kid signed up and ready.

Club? Because I didnt think they went D1 until the early 90s
PSU has been a varsity since forever. A lot of folks are assuming that they only started playing when the B1G became a MLax conference. Glenn Thiel played there for his father then came to Virginia in the early 70s. He left UVa in the late 70s to go back to PSU. He was the one replaced by Tambroni.

Oh yes they did. There were some real dumbasses in game threads. Trust me I sat through it all.
I'm thinking he doesn't remember because he can't see many of those posts. Beyond the pale, many of them.

Yeah but come on those people were (rightfully) laughed at.
It still means people wanted him gone. I personally think many of our fans in all sports are win now. I wonder how many of the people who want Jim.B and Desko fired will give their replacements more then 2 years to reach Final fours before they start calling for them to be fired.

The most disappointing thing about this loss is the way some of you clowns are talking to each other.

It took Tiffany 3 years to rebuilt UVa after Starsia left.

Year #1: 8-7 and no tournament
Year #2: 12-6 and a 1st Round exit.
Year #3: Seeded #3, results TBA.

Personally, I don't think our fanbase will be patient for 3+ years.
How is that three year run worse than our last three years? And UVa is on the upswing while we’re trending the other way.

It took Tiffany 3 years to rebuilt UVa after Starsia left.

Year #1: 8-7 and no tournament
Year #2: 12-6 and a 1st Round exit.
Year #3: Seeded #3, results TBA.

Personally, I don't think our fanbase will be patient for 3+ years.
You say the fanbase won't be patient for 3 years, yet UVA had the same result in year 2 as we have had for the last 3 years. And, we have been pretty patient over the last 10 years, I think we could handle one reset year.

How is that three year run worse than our last three years? And UVa is on the upswing while we’re trending the other way.
I do not know if Desko should be let go or no, but you have to admit that the program has been tanking recently. Recruiting has been below par, and play on the field has seemed undisciplined(too many stupid mistakes). Comes down to the age old question coaching or players, but in my mind the head coach is responsible for both.
I think Wildhack has to look seriously at the state of the program, assuming they care one whit.

That’s laughable. We’ll be fortunate to make the tourney. If we do, we’ll be one and done again. It’s clearky obvious the program has hit a ceiling.
Talk of a ceiling is nonsense. We have plenty of talent. We actually could have won it all this year if the team could have handled it's business when it mattered. Call it coaching, execution, lax IQ, whatever, but it's not because the program gave it their all and they couldn't win (which defines a ceiling).

We're the victim of our own success over a long period. We've won a lot of titles and dominated the sport during 2 1/2 decades of yearly final 4 appearances. We helped to popularize lacrosse on the high school and college levels. Now there are more recruits for more active programs.

I'll leave it to those of you that truly understand the status of the sport to analyze SU' s program & coach, but we should be proud that we helped improve the sport. We have a lot of good competition that wasn't there until Syracuse helped make Lacrosse a thing again.

I hope we get back to being competitive on a yearly basis, but don't think anyone will ever dominate the sport the same way again...

It still means people wanted him gone. I personally think many of our fans in all sports are win now. I wonder how many of the people who want Jim.B and Desko fired will give their replacements more then 2 years to reach Final fours before they start calling for them to be fired.

Some probably will. And they would probably be morons.

But as of today we haven’t been to a final four in six years. We’ve gone ten without a title.

PSU has been a varsity since forever. A lot of folks are assuming that they only started playing when the B1G became a MLax conference. Glenn Thiel played there for his father then came to Virginia in the early 70s. He left UVa in the late 70s to go back to PSU. He was the one replaced by Tambroni.
They may have, but they have never been a major player in Lacrosse before.

A vocal minority during high stress times. The vast majority did not. And that is the truth.

The view is a lot different in this circle.
Who said it was the vast majority? The post you took exception to said "people". And "people" did. More than you will ever know.

And that is the truth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom