Class of 2014 - Despite KJ, SU Ranks Near Bottom of ACC... | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Despite KJ, SU Ranks Near Bottom of ACC...

its about where you end up and the true test is who actually makes it on the field

Orange, not sure if you"re serious as even a rudimentary understanding of the rankings would allow you to understand the team ranking is hugely weighted toward the number of bodies/commits at this point. The PS article was ridiculous and i wrote the author stating the same.

Lets talk in February about our ranking. Til then there is alot of work to do but this class could be truly special if things keep going our way.

Skowt lists us with 9 recruits now adding Corey Cooper as a PG but also not affixing a rating. They have us ranked 56th which is almost identical to Illinois (54) who also has 9 commits with 1 juco NR. If you add Cooper back as a 3 star (which he was) that would have us about level with Cal who has 9 commits and is ranked 39th. That would also have us ranked as highly as BC even though we have 5 less commits adding to our point total. Not terrible company really.

Notable schools with more commits that we are ahead of are Iowa State and Georgia Tech.

Orange, not sure if you"re serious as even a rudimentary understanding of the rankings would allow you to understand the team ranking is hugely weighted toward the number of bodies/commits at this point. The PS article was ridiculous and i wrote the author stating the same.

Lets talk in February about our ranking. Til then there is alot of work to do but this class could be truly special if things keep going our way.
Plus...keep in mind that Mike Farrell, from ryvals, is a huge BC shill so I'd expect nothing less than him inflating anything heading their way.

I thought the overall tone of the article was somewhat negative. I'm annoyed that more detail wasn't given to explain the rankings.

Syracuse.com is a JOKE and their new writers are terrible. Most of their articles have negative overtones regarding the Cuse and I have addressed this with one of their writers. They are all just out of college and want to make names for themselves.

Syracuse.com is a JOKE and their new writers are terrible. Most of their articles have negative overtones regarding the Cuse and I have addressed this with one of their writers. They are all just out of college and want to make a names for themselves.

Not to mention that Cohan is still giving letter grades out to recruits (at least with KJ an A) which no one who hasn't even buckled a chip strap should ever do and IMHO only hurts our recruiting efforts because some kids might actualy think that is what hardcore fans who actually know a little about recruiting might also be thinking!

Symphony Steve said: "Uh, 20 commits vs. 8."

To you both - Ok, I get that numbers sway the ranking, but how IS it that BC has 20 at this point? Are you telling me that SU is being more selective than BC?

Fun fact. If Corey Cooper was rated a 3 star again and we land another 3 star or better we will be about even with or ahead of Va Tech who has 11 commits and is currently ranked 35th.

Recruiting is actually going extremely well and we may get a top 25 class depending on the outcome with Mavety, Ollison, Applefield, Figaro, Sykes, Custis, etc. whom are all well rated.

Also, skowt have Long, Cabinda, and Moskal all as NR. Once they actually rate them they should come in at 3 or 4 star as they are on both other major recruiting sites which will put SU's rankings up further still in their system.

Symphony Steve said: "Uh, 20 commits vs. 8."

To you both - Ok, I get that numbers sway the ranking, but how IS it that BC has 20 at this point? Are you telling me that SU is being more selective than BC?

Or maybe, BC is scrambling to fill a roster that was a mess.

I doubt anyone here is interested in taking the time to analyze the BC commits the same way we have come to rate the guys SU gets--by who we beat out to land the commitment. Is BC beating B1G/ACC competition, or UMass and Temple?

Or maybe, BC is scrambling to fill a roster that was a mess.

I doubt anyone here is interested in taking the time to analyze the BC commits the same way we have come to rate the guys SU gets--by who we beat out to land the commitment. Is BC beating B1G/ACC competition, or UMass and Temple?

Ha! I just did. BC has 14 commits most have no other BCS offers. A few from UConn, UMass, and 1 Temple offer. They have 5 more commits than us and are ranked 15 spots higher thus far but if we had their recruiting class most of us would be loosing our my mind that we werent doing better.

Ha! I just did. BC has 14 commits most have no other BCS offers. A few from UConn, UMass, and 1 Temple offer. They have 5 more commits than us and are ranked 15 spots higher thus far but if we had their recruiting class most of us would be loosing our my mind that we werent doing better.
you rat. I just did the same thing.

I haven't really looked at BC's class, but they did pull in Connor Strachan. He's got some serious game. Should be a really good LB. I'll take what you guys are saying about most of their kids having mediocre/bad offers because I don't feel like going through it, but I do know for sure some of their guys have talent

If you graduated from high school you should be able to do the math and figure out that the rankings at this point are meaningless - emphasis on less. We continue to improve our recruiting and I think we will continue to do so. We are in the mix with a great many neat recruits - and you have to be in the finals to win. We are doing just fine.
Go Orange!
Screw Syracuse.com - No Rahme - no read.

If you graduated from high school you should be able to do the math and figure out that the rankings at this point are meaningless - emphasis on less. We continue to improve our recruiting and I think we will continue to do so. We are in the mix with a great many neat recruits - and you have to be in the finals to win. We are doing just fine.
Go Orange!
Screw Syracuse.com - No Rahme - no read.

Agreed articles like this should not even be written at this point IMHO