Devan Carter | Syracusefan.com

Devan Carter

TheSpaz

2nd String
Cuse commit Devan Carter out for the season. Not sure of the injury.

Have to assume he's a redshirt. Not a huge deal assuming its not a big time injury.

Some people on here will be pissed because he was "supposed" to be starting at the Mike next year. If not, he must've been a lousy recruit.

Some people on here will be pissed because he was "supposed" to be starting at the Mike next year. If not, he must've been a lousy recruit.

Not sure of the injury but he definitely woudl have had a chance at early PT next year, the Mike position is a mess right now.

Not sure of the injury but he definitely woudl have had a chance at early PT next year, the Mike position is a mess right now.

not what I meant.

The season is two more weeks long. Brighton is 1-2 and may not make sectionals.

I think 7...then the playoffs. Another reason NY kids are behind. In TX you make a decent run in the playoffs and your season can be 12-15 games not 9-11 games in NY.

They only play 5 games?

Section V Quarter Finals begin Oct 19-20.

Semis Oct 26-28.

Finals Nov 2-3.

Season is 7 weeks long (they start before Labor Day). Brighton is actually 2-3 now.

Section V Quarter Finals begin Oct 19-20.

Semis Oct 26-28.

Finals Nov 2-3.

Season is 7 weeks long (they start before Labor Day). Brighton is actually 2-3 now.

Ah ok that makes sense.

I think 7...then the playoffs. Another reason NY kids are behind. In TX you make a decent run in the playoffs and your season can be 12-15 games not 9-11 games in NY.

Used to be 8 when I was playing high school then the playoffs. I do remember a few years ago the State or the high school football association lowered the number of regular season games, no idea why. Typical New York state.

Looks like Sec III went to a 7 game schedule this year as well.

Cost cutting measures.

Agree that because he is an exceptional athlete he will have a chance for early PT, but even if 100% healthy he will most likely have an uphill battle considering he's barely played the LB position at the high school level. His coach said he was going to get more run there this year, but it was reported that he got either 1 or 2 snaps there 2 weeks ago and from what I've heard that is about the norm. He's more than likely going to need some time to get accustomed to the position ie seeing the play develop, getting keys down, taking good angles, tackling in general, etc.

I just worry about this type of injury. My brother in law broke the same bone at 17 and still limps.

I do remember a few years ago the State or the high school football association lowered the number of regular season games, no idea why. Typical New York state.

This won't change anytime soon either. Unless kids in NYS are doing hard work on their own or with a trainer they will always be significantly behind. Add in the cumulative effect of playing significantly less games over a 4 - 6 year period of time, it should be absolutely no surprise why NY kids aren't at the same level as kids from other states.

Cuse commit Devan Carter out for the season. Not sure of the injury.
Cuse regular told me it was an acute epiglottal dislocation. Likely career ending

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Do people really think he's gonna play next year and possibly start??? He barely plays the position now(because they need him for offense, i know) but he's going to do it in the ACC???

I think Carter will have enough time to have a new fibula grown in a test tube, grafted onto his leg and have new tendons sprout. He is a project - not a blue chip linebacker.

Don't they have duct tape in HS anymore? Geez, that's an easy fix.

fire Hicks! when is enough, enough already? ;)

That would be a start.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom