Devil's advocacy for Babers that I'm not sure I believe | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Devil's advocacy for Babers that I'm not sure I believe

I wonder if Clemson cripples us physically

A lot of this is strength of schedule related but (I'm just eyeballing here, math could be off)

We are 22-15 before playing clemson
12-26 after playing them.
I'm not including the clemson results there (1-6 in those games)

There was no one in the big east like that, i know we played big programs early

We typically play our OOC schedule before Clemson so that inflates the pre somewhat.

We typically play our OOC schedule before Clemson so that inflates the pre somewhat.
For sure. Tempting to go through all the teams in the acc to see if playing Clemson early ruins your season. I remember seeing something about how playing bama early is so bad for your chances

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me how Cuse is supposed to replace the players they lost this year?

Captains, NFL talent type players. SU isn't Clemson, FSU, or Notre Dame that is replacing their guys with freshman 4 blue chippers.

But sure..let's talk about a letting go a coach that has landed barely any 4 stars while here and yet still has kids at multiple positions vying for the NFL.

Get a grip people. Dino is the best we are going to get. Unless we all pitching in for the buyout, the dude who hit the Powerball donates 5% of their winnings to Cuse, and JW hires Matt Rhule.

Can someone explain to me how Cuse is supposed to replace the players they lost this year?

Captains, NFL talent type players. SU isn't Clemson, FSU, or Notre Dame that is replacing their guys with freshman 4 blue chippers.

But sure..let's talk about a letting go a coach that has landed barely any 4 stars while here and yet still has kids at multiple positions vying for the NFL.

Get a grip people. Dino is the best we are going to get. Unless we all pitching in for the buyout, the dude who hit the Powerball donates 5% of their winnings to Cuse, and JW hires Matt Rhule.
How many starters have lost on O. 1? 2?

When did we ever have the kind of depth that made us competitive with good teams after significant injuries?

We can fire Babers but who is going to successfully recruit good players to Syracuse to sit until someone gets injured? Especially now that it's so easy to transfer somewhere you know you can get on the field.

--------

I don't know how you measure the impact of injuries during his tenure and compare to comparable programs. If the injuries and lack of depth are his fault and something that a new coach would reasonably be expected to fix, switch.

Babers swing and miss not recruiting over Devito hurt him but could anyone really blame him for that at the time?

My concern about babers is he can't even recruit starters that well, much less reserves.

You answered your own questions, if you don't believe he can recruit enough starters then depth is always going to be a major issue. Not saying a new coach solves all the issues that have plagued Babers but the reasons for keeping him are stretches even for this board.

As far as using the portal, how did FSU offer Jared Verse and get him but we didn’t?

Everyone on the board was saying how good he was after the Albany game

We had opportunities to sit our starters even if it was for a few drives (Louisville, UConn and Wagner) but didn’t. Those extra plays add up. Could we have finished that Clemson game and gotten the win if we had done that? Who knows. But when you don’t have depth, you need to manage your roster differently. Dino seems to double down on the starters and wear them down.

And posters wanted to argue guys should be playing into the 3rd Q against Wagner. No, no they shouldn’t. Not when you need to develop depth for the future, not when guys get worn down through the season, not when guys on this team get injured like nobody else does, and not when you have the toughest part of the season still to come.

You answered your own questions, if you don't believe he can recruit enough starters then depth is always going to be a major issue. Not saying a new coach solves all the issues that have plagued Babers but the reasons for keeping him are stretches even for this board.
He has depth he is afraid of change. He doesn't play other kids unless someone's leg falls off. Total meat

How many starters have lost on O. 1? 2?
Elmore's loss has been more noticeable these last few games. His replacement averages a penalty per quarter almost.

Isaiah Jones is the other. Team is still looking for that #2. What if...

There's speculation Tucker is still banged up. But he has favored some body parts throughout the season.

Obviously Shrader has missed time and only practiced half the time this week. Disadvantage.

And there's something going on with the OL. Even the inability to rotate sucks.

Depth is an issue. All teams go through this at game 10 but it's hitting hard here.

I'm happy with that 6th win and those extra practices will pay huge dividends in Spring and next Fall.

Elmore's loss has been more noticeable these last few games. His replacement averages a penalty per quarter almost.

There's speculation Tucker is still banged up. But he has favored some body parts throughout the season.

Obviously Shrader has missed time and only practiced half the time this week. Disadvantage.

Depth is an issue. All teams go through this at game 10 but it's hitting hard here.

I'm happy with that 6th win and those extra practices will pay huge dividends in Spring and next Fall.
We can’t even throw to the number 1 WR. And we are worried about the number 2?

Isaiah Jones is a sneaky big loss.

All fair, and I totally get it. I just bristle at the few people suggesting that the O’s pitiful performance gets a pass because “injuries”. I’ll buy that FSU is a horrible matchup and they kicked our @ss.

So you have to be lost for the season to be considered having an injury impact? I’ll let Shrader and Tucker know that.
Yeah that’s precisely what I’m saying.

I love the Legend Of Elmore so much

he's always hurt, he takes on new positions more than chip at a bathhouse

Yeah that’s precisely what I’m saying.

That’s exactly what you said. In another post you even said the offense shouldn’t get a pass because of injuries. Shraders and Tuckers injuries have been huge.

So you have to be lost for the season to be considered having an injury impact? I’ll let Shrader and Tucker know that.
They still play so they aren’t hurt enough to be out.

They still play so they aren’t hurt enough to be out.

Like I said, guess a player has to be out for the year. If you think Shrader is the same player health wise since the first 6 games I don’t know what to tell you.

Like I said, guess a player has to be out for the year. If you think Shrader is the same player health wise since the first 6 games I don’t know what to tell you.
My issue is why does Dino continue to play kids that are obviously banged up to the point that they can't perform worth a darn. Why not give Allen some reps. Wilson, Cruz etc... I just don't get sticking with hurt players when you have other kids that have talent

That’s exactly what you said. In another post you even said the offense shouldn’t get a pass because of injuries. Shraders and Tuckers injuries have been huge.
I’ve been saying since last night that it’s clear the offense can’t function with a hobbled Shrader. I’ve said it multiple times.

It shouldn’t get a pass for putting up 160 yards and 3 points. That’s horrific.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom