Devin Grant | Syracusefan.com

Devin Grant

OttosDad

2nd String
He needs to be at Star for the remainder of the year. Hes way more explosive than Barron and can cause chaos. He looked great today. Thought he had maybe the best game of any defender all year for us.

If ERob shifts him back to corner that will be my last straw with him. Depth a CB is a little thin without Barnes, but I’d rather see Delaine or McDaniels at CB than Grant again.

Delaine is solid. Clarence Lewis has been really good.

Lewis, Bellamy, Barnes and Delaine are all we need at corner.

Barron can split between Star and WLB
Keep Grant at Star. Deuce played well today.

Secondary played pretty well today. Overall they haven’t really been the problem. Play calling, Pass rush and run stopping has been our issue. When a QB has no pass rush and a clean pocket. 8/10 QBs at this level are going to be able to find a receiver. I like our secondary and linebackers how they are right now until Wax gets back. Figure out the play calling and pass rush and we will be fine.

I think to get a pass rush, obviously we need to start sending more than 3. Have Diggs on one edge and KJE on the other. On obvious run downs, keep Watson, Hastings, Tank in the middle. Obvious pass downs for rush purposes we should have Jobity and Jaquez in the middle with Diggs and KJE on the edges. Then bring a backer for a 4-5 man rush. I think that would solve some issues

Delaine is solid. Clarence Lewis has been really good.

Lewis, Bellamy, Barnes and Delaine are all we need at corner.

Barron can split between Star and WLB
Keep Grant at Star. Deuce played well today.

Secondary played pretty well today. Overall they haven’t really been the problem. Play calling, Pass rush and run stopping has been our issue. When a QB has no pass rush and a clean pocket. 8/10 QBs at this level are going to be able to find a receiver. I like our secondary and linebackers how they are right now until Wax gets back. Figure out the play calling and pass rush and we will be fine.

I think to get a pass rush, obviously we need to start sending more than 3. Have Diggs on one edge and KJE on the other. On obvious run downs, keep Watson, Hastings, Tank in the middle. Obvious pass downs for rush purposes we should have Jobity and Jaquez in the middle with Diggs and KJE on the edges. Then bring a backer for a 4-5 man rush. I think that would solve some issues
That’s definitely worth a look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom