Devito activated | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Devito activated

Come on man, not just that and you know it.

He made a lot of bad decisions, bad throws that compounded what you wrote. Kid here was like putting a square peg in a round hole with the system he was in where you need a kid to create opportunities with his legs both running and throwing. He isn’t/wasn’t that guy.

All That said over the moon happy to see this happening as I’ve said ten times or so in this thread, transpiring exactly as I thought it would years ago.
Agree, His Oline was not good but there were a lot of sacks when he had time , he also was terrible when he scrambled, usually throwing the ball into the 8th row. He was very functional at Illinois and definitely improved. Hope his career goes well. But if comes to him starting for the Gmen again, I have no hope.

Agree, His Oline was not good but there were a lot of sacks when he had time , he also was terrible when he scrambled, usually throwing the ball into the 8th row. He was very functional at Illinois and definitely improved. Hope his career goes well. But if comes to him starting for the Gmen again, I have no hope.

A halfway decent O-line, a couple elite receivers, and KISS for tommy and he can do a job.

No secret he has a pro arm but you can't count on him to get through 3 reads effectively, so he's never gonna run a complicated passing offense effectively.

Simpler the better... Giants figured that out quickly with him.

We didn't have a good enough O-line to make him successful here (along with a system he couldn't perform well in - and that's on the coaches...)

Come on man, not just that and you know it.

He made a lot of bad decisions, bad throws that compounded what you wrote. Kid here was like putting a square peg in a round hole with the system he was in where you need a kid to create opportunities with his legs both running and throwing. He isn’t/wasn’t that guy.

All That said over the moon happy to see this happening as the kid is a stand up guy in EVERY respects as I’ve said ten times or so in this thread, it’s all transpiring exactly as I thought it would/could years ago.
As I recall, bad throws weren't really his problem here. I think a lot of us would have been ok with him attempting more bad throws instead of eating the ball.

As I recall, bad throws weren't really his problem here. I think a lot of us would have been ok with him attempting more bad throws instead of eating the ball.
Yeah that too, no doubt but a lot also as mentioned above sailing the ball out of bounds too many times is what I mean when I say that

The NFL can’t find 32 starting caliber QBs, let alone 16…yet this board here has all the answers on Tommy based on the 15 or so game he QB’d with a RB playing line for most of them.

Here’s a statement for all you genius ‘talent evaluators’….Tommy likely has already won more NFL games than McCord ever will.

We already know he has won more over your all favorite TE’s masquerading as a QB.

Tommy had no shot here, he barely played.

And when he did, people whimped out with the covid excuse amongst other walls being put up other than to pass block.

The NFL can’t find 32 starting caliber QBs, let alone 16…yet this board here has all the answers on Tommy based on the 15 or so game he QB’d with a RB playing line for most of them.

Here’s a statement for all you genius ‘talent evaluators’….Tommy likely has already won more NFL games than McCord ever will.

We already know he has won more over your all favorite TE’s masquerading as a QB.

Tommy had no shot here, he barely played.

And when he did, people whimped out with the covid excuse amongst other walls being put up other than to pass block.
This is going to be kinda funny when the giants reach on McCord next year :)

Is he under contract with the Giants officially, or not yet?

Signed through 2025.

2 yrs / $1,665,000

I'd say he's done damn well for himself. Haters gonna hate and be jealous but I am glad for him.

Last edited: