Devito activated | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Devito activated

I don’t like Mike Francesca but he had a pretty good take on the Giant game yesterday and specifically how DeVito was used. To sum up a 40-minute rant…. With Jones out DeVito was 2nd string yesterday. The fact that the coaching staff did not trust DeVito enough to throw a pass is on them; it’s the coaches’ job to prepare him. The Giants basically tried to win by counting on the Jets to make mistakes and then take advantage of the mistakes. Offensively they didn’t even try to make plays other than keep running Barkley. His position is that this loss wasn’t on DeVito, it was on the coaches and the kicker.
They weren't passing with Taylor, either.

And then the Giants game plan in OT was 4 straight passes.

View attachment 232733

I watched a little bit at the tail end.
On that 3rd and 21 - they needed 21 yards and the reception, if it was caught, would have been basically at about the line of scrimmage.
I don't know or care whose idea it was for that play but if you need a big gain, you want to pass well beyond the LOS.

On that 3rd and 21 - they needed 21 yards and the reception, if it was caught, would have been basically at about the line of scrimmage.
I don't know or care whose idea it was for that play but if you need a big gain, you want to pass well beyond the LOS.
Not if it's Tecmo Super Bowl and you are the Raiders and can pass to Bo (better to run, though).

It was absurd.

Once the Giants took the lead in the third quarter, they did not throw a single pass for the rest of regulation:

1st drive - 3 runs including on 3rd & 10
2nd Drive - 4 runs including on 3rd & 11
3rd Drive - 3 runs including on 3rd & 7
4th drive - 10 runs including on 3rd and 3 (converted) and 3rd and 4 (not converted)
5th drive - 3 runs including 3rd & 3

That is 23 runs in a row.

It was only after the Jets tied the game that they tried to throw the ball in OT. And all four throws were screens.

Nice bump in pay

He was getting $12k per week on the practice squad. So he got at least $96k for that. I don’t know how they do the salary for when a player isn’t signed to the active roster but is activated for a game. He’ll get an additional $416k now for the rest of the season as an active rostered player.

He was getting $12k per week on the practice squad. So he got at least $96k for that. I don’t know how they do the salary for when a player isn’t signed to the active roster but is activated for a game. He’ll get an additional $416k now for the rest of the season as an active rostered player.
Who do I call about replacing the Giants' kicker?

If Garret Shrader never plays a down in the NFL. He will have more passing yards than Tommy Devito does after his first NFL game.

1698862279760.png

I guess I dont get the animosity for Tommy. I wish them both success. They each gave their best for Cuse.

For those that don't know? I have 336 less NFL interceptions than Brett Favre. Not only that. I have 212 less interceptions than that Tom Brady guy, that some call the GOAT.

Signed,
The Real GOAT.

They signed Matt Barkley(4th rounder) to their practice squad. They could have signed Barkley to the active roster, and sent Devito back down. They stuck with TD. Good for him.
Barkley needs to learn the playbook. Not enough time.

I wish Eric could’ve gotten this opportunity laid into his lap.
He did get the same opportunity.

After trying out at QB, the Giants said…TE.

And invited him to a mini camp. Which was impressive.

Then cut him.

Some can play in the NFL, some cannot.