Devito activated | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Devito activated

Missed the first half but the giants sucking in the second half ain’t on TD

Eric isn’t capable of making that pass and that’s why Tommy is getting a look.
He took 6 sacks though. Looked just like his SU days. Nice completion percentage. Throws a great ball. Made a few nice plays. But just a deer in the headlights when all the stars don’t align.

He took 6 sacks though. Looked just like his SU days. Nice completion percentage. Throws a great ball. Made a few nice plays. But just a deer in the headlights when all the stars don’t align.
Michael Vick would take 6 sacks behind that line, their best dude came “off his couch” a couple weeks ago.

He started off horribly but he really did finish strong.

Michael Vick would take 6 sacks behind that line, their best dude came “off his couch” a couple weeks ago.

He started off horribly but he really did finish strong.
Thomas(All Pro last year) played today.

Lot of those sacks were Tommy holding the ball too long and then running and stumbling into sacks, lol.

Tyrod magically took way less sacks for a few weeks when he played(and that’s when Thomas was still out) because he knows how to play.

Jones and DeVito are pretty similar, except Jones is 6’5 and can run.

Eric was great in college but I am trying to figure out what nfl team he played for.

So Devito is better because he got an emergency 3rd string call up by the basket case worst team in the NFC??

175 yards if he throws the whole game he could of had 300 yards
If he hadn't hesitated on the that first deep shot he would have had a much different stat line.

He paused before unloading

So Devito is better because he got an emergency 3rd string call up by the basket case worst team in the NFC??
Eric never got a call. Look, Eric was an SU great and had a much better college career than TD at Syracuse. I enjoyed watching him play more than most SU QBs in my lifetime. But he never sniffed the nfl.

3rd string, for a reason. But it is the NFL.

A couple sacks were a given. A couple not making it the LOS. For the last 2 weeks, the Giants longest drives were with Tommy on the field. This week it involved passing, including a deep right.

Good for him. It was fun rooting for one of our former guys. Obviously, I'm not a Giants Fan. I'm a Cuse fan. I root for our guys.

Eric never got a call. Look, Eric was an SU great and had a much better college career than TD at Syracuse. I enjoyed watching him play more than most SU QBs in my lifetime. But he never sniffed the nfl.
Nothing you have said has convinced me he'd be worse than Devito for the giants. That's all I am saying.

Devito gets the NFL look cuz of his height and he can throw a tight ball... But it's the rest of his football acumen (or lack thereof) that is the problem.

Eric is a much smarter player.

2023 has been a disaster for my teams, Yankees, Cuse, Giants. Can’t wait for it to be over. New York Rangers have shown potential and I have no idea what to expect from Cuse MBB. I don't follow the NBA.

Jones took 2 sacks in less than a quarter. The raiders were teeing off from the start against a lousy OL.

Giants postgame radio analyst Jonathan Casillas said TD was one of few positives today for Giants. Believes he is competent to adequately run the offense moving forward. Just another indictment on Babers, had an NFL caliber QB and could not utilize properly or protect him.

Jones took 2 sacks in less than a quarter. The raiders were teeing off from the start against a lousy OL.
Jones has the same problem of holding the ball too long, and not seeing the field. Not a coincidence that things were way better against Washington and Buffalo with Taylor in there….a veteran who sees what’s coming and knows how to get the ball out.

The Giants and Cuse of recent years are the same thing. Terrible OL’s. QB’s who are deer in the headlights under a pass rush and don’t know how/where to get the ball out. OLines that false start when we’re going for it on 4th and inches. And weirdly leaving injured players in the game who have no business being out there.

Giants postgame radio analyst Jonathan Casillas said TD was one of few positives today for Giants. Believes he is competent to adequately run the offense moving forward. Just another indictment on Babers, had an NFL caliber QB and could not utilize properly or protect him.
Lol, we scored 6 points in garbage time against a bad team. In a game where the blocking was pretty good and Barkley had 90 yards on just 16 carries.

Also Jones’ sacks today were his own guy running into him and tearing his ACL. And then his knee buckling and him falling on the next play. They weren’t even real sacks.

1 of Devito’s was his classic run out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage move, of course. That’s 3 of the 6 right there that weren’t on the OLine.

OLine was fine today. Barkley ran for 90 on 16 yards. Jones had time to throw two deep balls that he missed on.

Anyone remember how confident Devito was when he first arrived to Syracuse? What did Babers do for him?