Devito activated | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Devito activated

He met with pops numerous times, if rumors are to be believed.

A lot of coaches wouldn't.
Yeah but Tommy being in the league in NY of all places gives his father a bit of a redemption tour of sorts.

I'm sure he is being insufferable to those who he felt aggrieved by over the years.

I've never seen a player fall over without contact as much as Tommy when he was at Syracuse. But he could spin it an is now an NFL QB. That's something that like .25% of all HS players get to do. Congrats to him! I hope he does well.

Lol, we scored 6 points in garbage time against a bad team. In a game where the blocking was pretty good and Barkley had 90 yards on just 16 carries.
Against a terrible team

He has now appeared in multiple NFL games which is something I truly never thought possible. He didn't just struggle at Syracuse. Illinois too was afraid to let him throw more than 5 yards down the field. He went undrafted.

But hey if you're the worst QB in the NFL you are still in the NFL

Yeah but Tommy being in the league in NY of all places gives his father a bit of a redemption tour of sorts.

I'm sure he is being insufferable to those who he felt aggrieved by over the years.
Tommy was a frustrating guy to watch at SU, but I’m happy for him to get this chance to play in the NFL. I can’t imagine the sheer amount of hours he’s put in to get to this level. I never thought that would happen.

His Dad, however, was an epic douchenozzle.

This is working out perfectly no matter how you feel about DeVito. If you feel DeVito was a scapegoat, getting some NFL snaps and paychecks and making some positive plays is vindication. If you were disappointed by DeVito, the circumstances around his NFL playing time and the overall not awesomeness of his play so far let you really dig in on your belief that he's not great.

Truly, a man of the people. Provides something for everyone.

We had an NFL starting QB on our roster, and look what Dino did with him?

I had such high hopes for TD and I feel like our coaching ruined him.
lol. He’s the 3rd string QB. Two guys got hurt.

Will be interesting to see if he starts until Taylor can play again(if he can) or if Matt Barkley starts eventually.

We had an NFL starting QB on our roster, and look what Dino did with him?

I had such high hopes for TD and I feel like our coaching ruined him.
This is funny, We’re losing and Dino is probably gone and rightfully so. But we’re going to blame everything that’s gone wrong on earth on him. Devito was crap for us. He held the ball way to long and had zero pocket presence. He moved the ball a bit tonight while theRaiders were playing the “We’re up 30-0 give them everything semi prevent defense “. Good for him that he is getting an NFL pay check. I’m pretty sure if he is the QB for the rest of the season we’re going to end up 2-15 . Maybe 3-14 if we got lucky.

This is funny, We’re losing and Dino is probably gone and rightfully so. But we’re going to blame everything that’s gone wrong on earth on him. Devito was crap for us. He held the ball way to long and had zero pocket presence. He moved the ball a bit tonight while theRaiders were playing the “We’re up 30-0 give them everything semi prevent defense “. Good for him that he is getting an NFL pay check. I’m pretty sure if he is the QB for the rest of the season we’re going to end up 2-15 . Maybe 3-14 if we got lucky.
Right. He was stuck on 1-3 for 11 yards and 2 picks, but a bunch of sacks for a long time.

Had a nice TD drive once the Raiders called the dogs off, and suddenly people who didn’t even watch the game are using that to crap on Babers for him sucking here. Lol, good stuff,

lol. He’s the 3rd string QB. Two guys got hurt.

Will be interesting to see if he starts until Taylor can play again(if he can) or if Matt Barkley starts eventually.
I don’t think this is fair. There are a lot of very good college QBs who never sniff playing in an NFL game.

DeVito wasn’t a good college QB and yet here he is, playing in the NFL.

No matter what happens from here on out, Tommy has achieved something that very few people do.

It doesn’t hurt anyone to acknowledge that.

There were some absolutely terrible QB’s that took snaps today. I am shocked someone with such an unproductive career made the NFL. I’m sure he turned heads in shorts but include pads and a pass rush and he melts like snow in an oven. Just shows how important it is to have an elite QB in the NFL. Watching Stroud as a rookie was amazing. Same with Burrows and Allen tonight. If I was Arizona i would keep starting that Tunne guy to guarantee that they get Caleb Williams. i think he is the only sure fire elite QB at the next level and in 2024 Drake Maye is another can’t miss elite QB.

I don’t think this is fair. There are a lot of very good college QBs who never sniff playing in an NFL game.

DeVito wasn’t a good college QB and yet here he is, playing in the NFL.

No matter what happens from here on out, Tommy has achieved something that very few people do.

It doesn’t hurt anyone to acknowledge that.
Of course. But I was replying to the “he’s the starting QB” comment.

I will say, I was always very disappointed that in his 4 years here we never did nearly as much as we should have with this amazing coincidence…

1699241948437.jpeg

So Babers had and NFL QB that he pissed away. Sort of funny watching DeVito throw on the run today.
Babers must be a genius, he had a quarterback that couldn’t make 3rd string in the XFL and he won 10 games with him…… point being is this thread is about spin, as I said , some here are going to blame Dino for gas prices as well.

Babers must be a genius, he had a quarterback that couldn’t make 3rd string in the XFL and he won 10 games with him…… point being is this thread is about spin, as I said , some here are going to blame Dino for gas prices as well.

Some else’s QB recruit…To date that was the best OL he’s put on the field and that’s where he’s failed miserably and couldn’t do anything with a kid good enough to be an NFL Qb.

Based on NFL "careers", Todd Philcox should have been starting over Don McPherson.

What was Coach Mac thinking?

Some else’s QB recruit…To date that was the best OL he’s put on the field and that’s where he’s failed miserably and couldn’t do anything with a kid good enough to be an NFL Qb.
Ha , you mean good enough to play for the Giants…. are they in the NFL ??? We lost 30-6 to a terrible Raiders team.

Last edited:
I’m believe OE was using sarcasm . I could be wrong.