Devito activated | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Devito activated

Wise move. I can't decide if Stellato reminds me more of Vern from Stand by Me, Squintz from The Sandlot or PeeWee from Porky's. But hey, if you can get Jimmy Fallon to make fun of you on the Tonight Show you've done something. Not sure what, but something.

Wow, I guess some people live in a different market than me.
It's kind of like white people taco night. Crunchy shells, Ortega mix, ground beef, cheddar cheese from the grocery store (sing along if you know it). True Mexican chefs are like, what are you doing you crazy white people. Do I make fun of white people taco night? Absolutely. Do I mind if I'm invited some places and white people taco night is on the menu? Not even a little bit, in fact, I'm thrilled. Let's crunch away.

Italian Americans and jar sauce... it's a whole thing. Just a bunch of contempt, they start waxing melodic about "ma's gravy" or some such. They can't comprehend that a jar of Prego, box of spaghetti, and some Kraft Parmesan is about as good as a struggle meal gets for some of us. And if we happen to have some frozen meatballs or chicken fingers to throw in, my goodness, we feast as kings.

Although I do know many Italian Americans that claim the Rao brand sauce as the most "legitimate" jar sauce. If you have to get your sauce from a jar, and don't have time for the whole crushed tomatoes and let it sit and refrigerate overnight a couple nights before eating it, make your own pasta and meatballs thing, it's passable.

It's kind of like white people taco night. Crunchy shells, Ortega mix, ground beef, cheddar cheese from the grocery store (sing along if you know it). True Mexican chefs are like, what are you doing you crazy white people. Do I make fun of white people taco night? Absolutely. Do I mind if I'm invited some places and white people taco night is on the menu? Not even a little bit, in fact, I'm thrilled. Let's crunch away.

Italian Americans and jar sauce... it's a whole thing. Just a bunch of contempt, they start waxing melodic about "ma's gravy" or some such. They can't comprehend that a jar of Prego, box of spaghetti, and some Kraft Parmesan is about as good as a struggle meal gets for some of us. And if we happen to have some frozen meatballs or chicken fingers to throw in, my goodness, we feast as kings.

Although I do know many Italian Americans that claim the Rao brand sauce as the most "legitimate" jar sauce. If you have to get your sauce from a jar, and don't have time for the whole crushed tomatoes and let it sit and refrigerate overnight a couple nights before eating it, make your own pasta and meatballs thing, it's passable.
The funny thing about American Taco night? This guy in California had a hamburger stand. Across the street was an authentic taco stand, that was always packed. He figured he'd sell Taco's instead, but had absolutely no clue how to make a taco. So he faked it. Every American taco is based off of his.
He called his restaurant- Taco Bell.

... and that, my friends, is the rest of the story...

Eat real Taco's- Cochinita Pibil with red onion pickled in bitter orange(banned NCAA substance), Al Pastor with fresh Pineapple, Suadero(made with Rosemeat- but deep fried brisket will suffice) All stupid delicious. ;-)

Medigan logic…….:);):cool:

The funny thing about American Taco night? This guy in California had a hamburger stand. Across the street was an authentic taco stand, that was always packed. He figured he'd sell Taco's instead, but had absolutely no clue how to make a taco. So he faked it. Every American taco is based off of his.
He called his restaurant- Taco Bell.

... and that, my friends, is the rest of the story...

Eat real Taco's- Cochinita Pibil with red onion pickled in bitter orange(banned NCAA substance), Al Pastor with fresh Pineapple, Suadero(made with Rosemeat- but deep fried brisket will suffice) All stupid delicious. ;-)
Utah is starting to get specialty taco shops. We've got an amazing al pastor place called Holy Taco, and an incredible birria place called Red Taco. Jurassic Taco does killer carne asada and successfully made the meal from a small fleet of food trucks to brick and mortar. We also have these little shops called Beto's/El Ranchito (there are other names but they're all the same branding and menu) that aren't super authentic Mexican, but have the TexMex blends like chimichangas and stuff that are really good.

Worth every cent, head and tails above any other sauce out there
You see, it's not always about whether it's worth it. Some people can justify a six figure luxury car. And absolutely they're nicer and likely have great resale. But regardless of value, they're not in everyone's (most people) budget. I'm sure it's a great sauce.

Not looking ro hijack the thread. I'll stop commenting on spaghetti sauce. Yay for TD!

You see, it's not always about whether it's worth it. Some people can justify a six figure luxury car. And absolutely they're nicer and likely have great resale. But regardless of value, they're not in everyone's (most people) budget. I'm sure it's a great sauce.

Not looking ro hijack the thread. I'll stop commenting on spaghetti sauce. Yay for TD!
Dude 8 bucks! Come on