DeVito-Amie and Tua-Hurts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

DeVito-Amie and Tua-Hurts

Amie/Amee - what you wanna do?

Always loved that song! I switched to another thread after this one and saw his name spelled a fourth way. I didn’t think it was that difficult!

If you say so (and I’ll assume you weren’t In the chats which included many specifics). Whether you choose to value Baileys opinion or not is your prerogative, but my point stands.

The fact is We have a QB on our 2019 roster who played really well in some Important spots this year and came really close to unseating an all time Syracuse great. DeVito will be our starting QB and he’s going to put up some serious numbers.
And who is/are the source(s) for Bailey's info? I have a very good idea where he gets his info.

Btw, I didn't say TD wouldn't be the starter. I'm disputing the fact that Welch will beat (per Bailey and his source) Chance for the #2. I have heard first hand from two coaches how highly they regard CA. The kid tore it up against the scout team.

Last edited:
Umm, there’s not really an open QB competition going into 2019.

I think we could see Amie in certain situations. Regardless, we need a viable backup (and even a 3rd) QB.[/QUOTE

There’s always competition!

Umm, there’s not really an open QB competition going into 2019.

I think we could see Amie in certain situations. Regardless, we need a viable backup (and even a 3rd) QB.
Actually, you should listen to Dino about annointing someone/anyone the starter.

There is always open competition for every position, every week and the best kid plays. Period.

That is the way Dino does it like most coaches.

That is why Trill started the bowl game over Scoop, because he was better. Even though Scoop started most of the games this year. It may have taken him most of the year to beat him out but he did.

Actually, you should listen to Dino about annointing someone/anyone the starter.

There is always open competition for every position, every week and the best kid plays. Period.

That is why Trill started the bowl game over Scoop, because he was better. Even though Scoop started most of the games this year. It may have taken him most of the year to beat him out but he did.
Sure, you can believe coach’s speak

I’m pretty sure Trill didn’t play at all in the bowl game. He got injured vs BC, IIRC.

But your point stands - Dino plays the best guys.

Look at Taj & Butler.
Or Jarveon getting run as a Frosh, and Markenzy taking a RS this season as a Soph.

People think CNY is basically Canada so that one likely works the best.

You mean it’s not?

A31CC1DD-C095-4198-8B44-CB6265308097.jpeg

didn't watch all of bama's games but wasn't hurt ... hurt ? saw him come in and play great when tua went out one game but was jalen rotated in regularly ? didn't play in the bowl game.
He actually played a fair amount in the bowl game and in the SEC title game.

Dream Scenario :

TD is going to stun everyone and lead the team to the ACC championship, and the CFP playoff next year. He will then make himself eligible for the 2020 draft, get picked by the NY Giants and return home to NJ.

When this happens, we will no longer need to gnash our teeth over how quarterback PT will be distributed. Chance will apprentice in 2019, and then get his chance - (FYI, I'm afraid to spell his last name, so I left it out)

The Amie stuff is confusing. TD came this close to unseating an alltime great QB here. Amie (from the Bailey chats and even his article today where he thinks Welch will be the back-up) has a long way to go to compete with Devito.

Yeah, people are being super weird about the situation... "Whoa, we got a kid that finished 2nd in the Elite11, to Tua?!" "Whoa, we got some new kid we snuck from Huston." Our fan base has the attention span of a fat kid in a candy store.

Also, super weird that people are worried that he will transfer if he's not given pt... I'm sorry to say that we are not the only team in CFB that "may" have a decent back up. If every back up QB with an ounce of potential bolted as soon as they realize they may have to wait a little, well it'd be chaos.

And who is/are the source(s) for Bailey's info? I have a very good idea where he gets his info.

Btw, I didn't say TD wouldn't be the starter. I'm disputing the fact that Welch will beat (per Bailey and his source) Chance for the #2. I have heard first hand from two coaches how highly they regard CA. The kid tore it up against the scout team.

Ok

Dream Scenario :

TD is going to stun everyone and lead the team to the ACC championship, and the CFP playoff next year. He will then make himself eligible for the 2020 draft, get picked by the NY Giants and return home to NJ.

When this happens, we will no longer need to gnash our teeth over how quarterback PT will be distributed. Chance will apprentice in 2019, and then get his chance - (FYI, I'm afraid to spell his last name, so I left it out)

Your title under your avatar is awkwardly worded.

Or maybe it isn't?

Your title under your avatar is awkwardly worded.

Or maybe it isn't?

Hey bigmike; you got to be kidding. I really needed a good laugh this morning. Thanks for the very funny post. I don't see Tommy DeVito leaving after 2019 and going pro. I think he intends to graduate and then goes to the NFL.

This is total speculation on my part.
I believe that there will be major competition between Tommy DeVito and Chance Amie in the spring. DeVito is the front runner for the starting QB for 2019 and Chance Amie will be the backup . The DARK HORSE in this will be Clayton Welch. I also believe that Dino Babers goes to a 2 QB system.

The Spring Scrimmage is going to be very very interesting, I hope to see all who commented here at the game in the spring.

Just my thoughts everyone, just my thoughts.

This is total speculation on my part.
I believe that there will be major competition between Tommy DeVito and Chance Amie in the spring. DeVito is the front runner for the starting QB for 2019 and Chance Amie will be the backup . The DARK HORSE in this will be Clayton Welch. I also believe that Dino Babers goes to a 2 QB system.

The Spring Scrimmage is going to be very very interesting, I hope to see all who commented here at the game in the spring.

Just my thoughts everyone, just my thoughts.

no

I’m thinking Dino has to make that “promise” in order to keep Amie from transfering right now. It’s also good strategy to have a back-up ready in case of injury.
I think this is a pretty baseless statement.

Amie has been here two semesters. Not sure why he'd be looking to leave already. He knew what he was getting into.

Most likely scenario, imo. Tommy will start for two years with Amie as QB2 and go pro. Then Amie will take over as a redshirt Sophomore and start for 2-3 years and also be a pro.

Amie would have to be some sort of godly talent to replace a 3 year in-system 4 star talent like Tommy. We’ve seen what Tommy’s capable of, or the cusp, hes the real deal. Amie could be great but thats a lot of talking up for a qb we have not seen/heard much of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom