Class of 2014 - Dewayne Hendrix - Transfer from Tenn. to Pitt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Dewayne Hendrix - Transfer from Tenn. to Pitt

CuseLegacy said:
OK so besides the Clemson rock and FSU and the spear flinging Indian on horseback what are the memorable traditions of all the other schools in the ACC? And please TPing the Grove at Wake after a win is a dumb.

The rock at Clemson is dumb, too.

The rock at Clemson is dumb, too.
seriously? I think it's an awesome tradition.

I think our fanbase is so cynical we wouldn't enjoy something like that. The quad walk was a good idea that we nixed because it was stupid when no fans showed up, and flipping the banners at varsity is fun but underappreciated.

I guarantee you most kids that Clemson is recruiting know about Howard's Rock and think the hill run is pretty awesome.

bnoro said:
seriously? I think it's an awesome tradition. I think our fanbase is so cynical we wouldn't enjoy something like that. The quad walk was a good idea that we nixed because it was stupid when no fans showed up, and flipping the banners at varsity is fun but underappreciated. I guarantee you most kids that Clemson is recruiting know about Howard's Rock and think the hill run is pretty awesome.

I think rubbing a rock is pretty lame. The hill run is a cool entrance.

I don't know if it's cynicism or if it's just a blue collar kind of attitude. Too much pomp and circumstance. Just play the game and smack some people.

I don't know if it's cynicism or if it's just a blue collar kind of attitude. Too much pomp and circumstance. Just play the game and smack some people.
thats what pro sports are for. college is about tradition.

bnoro said:
thats what pro sports are for. college is about tradition.

I'm not trying to get in an argument with you over this. I get that a lot of people care for that stuff - and I love the 44 stuff. I just find Clemson's overblown and kind of lame. One guys opinion. Clearly, many of their fans and players love it - good for them.

My favorite part of watching the whole thing was when the Clemson players all got on busses to ride around the stadium in full gear - though they could have just crossed the street.

I like the "blue collar" approach. Nothing fancy, just beat 'em up on the field.

has anyone ever gotten hurt running down that hill?

i'm always waiting for someone to stumble and trip and then have a 10 guy pile up, that would be hilarious.

Ya he must be a great player becuse Tennessee is such a great team.

They are very very very talented and young. They just gave their coach a big extension. Tenn will be very good the next 2+ years.

They are very very very talented and young. They just gave their coach a big extension. Tenn will be very good the next 2+ years.

Tennessee was a great team; Kiffin and Dooley really screwed them up.

PhatOrange said:
has anyone ever gotten hurt running down that hill?

Ive always wondered that myself id guess one of our clemson posters would know... there has to be at least one occasion.

How is PITT getting these transfers all of a sudden. Isn't this like the 4th or 5th transfer for the new season? Sheesh!!

Probably because he had an offer from Michigan St. before he committed to UT and had a relationship with Narduzzi. And one of the other transfers Pitt got was a player transferring from Mich. St.