DG Unplugged... | Syracusefan.com

DG Unplugged...

The Good Doc said:
“I’ve been on the phone a lot the last couple days talking to a lot of assistants in conjunction with Scott. They are dedicated and loyal feel really good about what’s going on. If I’m a guessing man I would say most will remain. They like Scott.”

So....who leaves?

"Marrone offered him the OC at Buffalo, reportedly minutes before Hackett was going to ink Gross' offer."

That should go over well.

And it goes a lil something like this...

Hack: Hey Doug, TGD just gave me a phat extension and a nice pay raise to remain here at syracuse. I haven't signed it yet. You still interested in my services?

Doug: Don't sign anything, you're coming to Buffalo.

TGD: That was beautiful.

Gross was just getting Buffalo back and forced them to bump up Hacketts pay if they really wanted him.

“We have put our focus on the system we’re running and not so much guy. Running it,” he said. “We will not have a new guy with a new system. Scott is committed to the current system. It will continue to be fast, up-temp, spreading it out at times, going West Coast at times and running the ball when that is working . . . just what we’re doing. Whoever comes in is going to have that philosophy, because it’s a lot of fun for the players and the fans. That’s what Scott wants to do.”

Sold.

Continuity of coaches is a good thing, continuity of a system is even better.

“We have put our focus on the system we’re running and not so much guy. Running it,” he said. “We will not have a new guy with a new system. Scott is committed to the current system. It will continue to be fast, up-temp, spreading it out at times, going West Coast at times and running the ball when that is working . . . just what we’re doing. Whoever comes in is going to have that philosophy, because it’s a lot of fun for the players and the fans. That’s what Scott wants to do.”

Sold.

As long as the new guy can teach it and isn't just saying the right things to get the job. God knows Shafer should of all people realize what it's like to be brought in and be forced to coach a system you don't believe in.

"Marrone offered him the OC at Buffalo, reportedly minutes before Hackett was going to ink Gross' offer."

That should go over well.

I don't know why this would be so scandalous. He offered him a better job and Hack took it. If you think Marrone is out to purposefully screw the school it looks horrible... It's just not.

Sold.

Especially since continuity of coaches just doesn't really seem to happen much these days anywhere, not just on the Hill.

Sold.

Another reason to remain on good terms with BBHCDM and BBOCNH..if we are committed to this offense...it will be nice send our coaches to St John Fisher and watch this summer. SU should invite Doug back for the FB banquet. There should be some synergy between both programs while Doug is in Buffalo.

So....who leaves?

I've guessed (said) this from the beginning. We would lose 1-4 coaches and I pegged them as - in order:

Marrone - obviously

Hackett - I said from the begging I felt Doug would take him to Buffalo

Henderson - he's a pro coach and Doug loves him - believe he would go to Buffalo

Adkins - he was only in Syracuse because of Doug. I said from the word go he'd head back down south. (he's also got some health issues)

Wheatley - He will get a midwest Big 10 offer sooner than later.

Anselmo - rumored to be nearing retirment.

As for the rest: I have no idea what Rob Moore's career aspirations are. Morrison while a Michigan guy is tied to Shafer until the time comes for him to step up. I suspect Morrison will be our next DC. Daoust is also tied to Shafer as we all know.

I don't know why this would be so scandalous. He offered him a better job and Hack took it. If you think Marrone is out to purposefully screw the school it looks horrible... It's just not.

I just said it should go over well.

I think it's pretty obvious what really happened. I think Hackett got his offer, called Doug and said now or never, and Doug said now. It's no big deal, I expect this type of thing happens all the time.

It was best for Doug Marrone to have Hackett come along. It was best for the SU football program to have Hackett stay. Doug chose Doug. Some say move, some say just part of the business. It's really up to personal opinion.

If I were a Bills fan who paid no attention to SU (or even if you did), I would think the team lost their mind. Rookie HC picks rookie OC, who has only been doing it for 2 years at the college level, one season with success? Get ready for some sleepless nights Mr. Belichick.

Ready for the next OC. I still believe SU football will be fine. Plenty of things in our favor during this transition.

I think it's pretty obvious what really happened. I think Hackett got his offer, called Doug and said now or never, and Doug said now. It's no big deal, I expect this type of thing happens all the time.

It was best for Doug Marrone to have Hackett come along. It was best for the SU football program to have Hackett stay. Doug chose Doug. Some say move, some say just part of the business. It's really up to personal opinion.

If I were a Bills fan who paid no attention to SU (or even if you did), I would think the team lost their mind. Rookie HC picks rookie OC, who has only been doing it for 2 years at the college level, one season with success? Get ready for some sleepless nights Mr. Belichick.

Ready for the next OC. I still believe SU football will be fine. Plenty of things in our favor during this transition.

Agreed. Didn't mean to jump on it like that - too much negative hyperbolic stuff around here lately ;).

But but but hes the next Josh McDaniels!

Some say move, some say just part of the business.

It's both.

Get ready for some sleepless nights Mr. Belichick..

This is going to be delicious...

50a1660c0701f.image.jpg

Another reason to remain on good terms with BBHCDM and BBOCNH..if we are committed to this offense...it will be nice send our coaches to St John Fisher and watch this summer. SU should invite Doug back for the FB banquet. There should be some synergy between both programs while Doug is in Buffalo.

After BBHCDM so ruthlessly snatched BBOCNH right from under TGD's nose, the real question is whether he should be referred to as FHCDM or F HCDM.

You guys are ridiculous he has been grooming him from day 1. He took him because he thinks he can do the job as OC that fulfills the vision he has for the offense. If he feels he is the best guy for the job (and a lot of NFL guys think its a good choice) he needs to hire him for him to be successful name a head coach that does not do the same thing and hi us likely an x head coach.He did a great job while here you guys are all acting like he was your date to the prom and hooked up with your best friend at the after party get a grip

After BBHCDM so ruthlessly snatched BBOCNH right from under TGD's nose, the real question is whether he should be referred to as FHCDM or F HCDM.

Ruthlessly gave him an NFL OC position. The bastard!