DI Council endorses Transformation Committee concepts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

DI Council endorses Transformation Committee concepts

Scooch

Living Legend
Those who say free tuition, fees, room and board isn’t a big deal are not paying tuition, fees, room and board.

Tuition, fees, room and board for the fall semester at Syracuse was due on Friday.

It’s not pretty.
No one says that.

People say that getting free tuition may not be an equal transfer of value for football and men's hoops players who generate tens of millions of dollars for a school.

Of course, you can count on schools to take that concept and utterly -- it up. Hence the inane NIL situation we currently have.

djcon57

Living Legend
End of the NCAA? How about the end of college sports. What coach would really want to work under those conditions? These are the members of that Transformation Council, of course headed by Commissioner, Greg Sankey of the SEC.
One that gets paid millions of dollars to do so?

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
One that gets paid millions of dollars to do so?
Some already have quit - not the job they signed up for. Changing the rules and duties. Some were paid millions before these constant rule changes weren’t they?

djcon57

Living Legend
Some already have quit - not the job they signed up for. Changing the rules and duties. Some were paid millions before these constant rule changes weren’t they?
Yep, you asked what coach would want to do this... new coaches that want to get paid millions will step in and coach if necessary. I don't believe they will have an issue filling these positions.

AngryOtto

Starter
The ones that loose out on all of this is the fans.
I hope it works out for SU but no matter the outcome I will be there watching every SU game. Whether it is in a power conference or not.
I support the university. Not a particular player or conference. If you play for su I am there to cheer you on. If you move to a new school I do not wish I’ll will I am just not interested any more as a SU fan. Same for the conference.
Right now just getting excited for the new year of SU sports.

SUDadx2

Scout Team
No one says that.

People say that getting free tuition may not be an equal transfer of value for football and men's hoops players who generate tens of millions of dollars for a school.

Of course, you can count on schools to take that concept and utterly -- it up. Hence the inane NIL situation we currently have.

Free tuition, fees, room and board at Syracuse is a BIG deal. I said it, so someone does say it whether you believe it or not. Once again, anyone who minimizes the value of a scholarship probably didn't pay tuition for a student at SU within the last week.

I also believe players should be able to capitalize on their name, image and likeness. And, I believe there should be other types of compensation for college athletes; health benefits that extend beyond a player's time in school is one. Many of the injuries sustained by players last for several years if not a lifetime.

And, yes, people do also say free tuition may not be an equal transfer of value for men's hoops and football. I also don't disagree with that statement. But most of those people don't mention that free tuition may exceed the value of other sports like soccer, track, softball etc... or that many college athletic departments actually lose money each year.

Anyone who thinks they thave a simple solution to this quandary, please share.

SUDadx2

Scout Team
Yep, you asked what coach would want to do this... new coaches that want to get paid millions will step in and coach if necessary. I don't believe they will have an issue filling these positions.

I'm sure you realize most coaches don't make millions of dollars.

Maybe 2% - 3% of all the coaches in DI football make a seven-figure salary. And most of those who do have spent decades in the profession before they make this kind of money. Dino spent 30 years in the profession before he made more than $200K/yr.

More power to the coaches who make the big money and more power to players who can increase their compensation and benefits.

A rising tide lifts all boats.

djcon57

Living Legend
I'm sure you realize most coaches don't make millions of dollars.

Maybe 2% - 3% of all the coaches in DI football make a seven-figure salary. And most of those who do have spent decades in the profession before they make this kind of money. Dino spent 30 years in the profession before he made more than $200K/yr.

More power to the coaches who make the big money and more power to players who can increase their compensation and benefits.

A rising tide lifts all boats.

Ok, great, you are missing the point, I guarantee you there will be people to fill these coaching positions. This is not the death of college football. College football how we liked it died 10+ years ago, some just didn’t notice it.

jgeorge322

Hall of Fame

Definitely won’t have any problem at all…

CuseLegacy

NCAA makes decision on college football transfer portal for 2022​

James Parks - 2h ago

NCAA makes decision on college football transfer portal for 2022
College football may not see unrestricted free agency after all with the sport's power brokers deciding against another change to the transfer portal.
The NCAA is not expected to pass a rule allowing unlimited transfers with immediate eligibility, according to The Athletic.
That news comes after reports that the NCAA was looking at a new rule in which college athletes would be able to transfer as much as they want and still keep their immediate eligibility.
Last summer, the NCAA passed a rule that allowed an athlete a one-time, penalty-free transfer that removed the old sit-one-year requirement as long as it was their first transfer.
Now, the rule requires a player to sit out one year only after a second entrance into the transfer portal.

However, according to the Transfer Committee's reported recommendations, the NCAA could still allow players to transfer at will, provided they transfer within the group's proposed "transfer windows."

If passed, that rule would create two transfer portal windows in college football: 45 days "beginning the day following the championship selection," and a 15 day period in the first two weeks of May at the end of spring practice, a total of 60 days.
That said, those recommendations could be delayed if the board decides to send the entire transfer portal rule package back for further change and review.
When the NCAA changed the rules around the college football transfer portal and created one-time immediate eligibility, the result was a flurry of movement as more than 2,000 players switched schools last offseason.

Attachments

• 1659372817092.png
    1659372817092.png
    68 bytes · Views: 21

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GADIAMON72

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online