Diamond's in the rough | Syracusefan.com

Diamond's in the rough

Garrett_TD23

Walk On
I remember reading an article several months ago about Rivals 2 star players that turned out to be stud performers. The likes of Russell Wilson and Montel Harris amongst them. Did Syracuse have any of these type of players past or present?

Chandler Jones. Art Jones. Derrell Smith. Antown Bailey. Justin Pugh. Van Chew. Etc.

I'm sick and tired of "diamonds in the rough" goddammit! I'm ready for some 10 karat polished stones!

Chandler Jones. Art Jones. Derrell Smith. Antown Bailey. Justin Pugh. Van Chew. Etc.

I wouldn't classify Van Chew, Antown Bailey or Justin Pugh among the stud. They are definetely playing like 2 star players IMO. They happened to be playing ok for mediocre team. Would these guys start at top 25 team? Doubt it. Van Chew has 2 drops (lot of critical one) just about every game and would be no better than 3rd or 4th WR on ok top 25 teams like VT or Texas Tech. Now, Jones brothers and Smith were both solid players.
Mike Williams, on the other hand is a 2 star recruit who panned out to be a 5 star recruit. Another player who is playing over their 2 star status is Ryan Nassib.

I'm sick and tired of "diamonds in the rough" goddammit! I'm ready for some 10 karat polished stones!
Like Lavar Lobdell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom