Did anyone catch this tidbit? | Syracusefan.com

Did anyone catch this tidbit?

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
In an article I posted within the last hour Dave Rahme said this, "True freshman tailback Adonis Ameen-Moore is expected to play but hasn’t yet." I wonder if Saturday is his christening? There are some other morsels on Foster, Crume and Kobena. With 55 freshmen & sophs this team is slowing growing and developing.
Link

I duuno... but I saw Marrone say Wednesday that Gulley was basically out.

He also said that the depth chart at the RB position is this:

1. Bailey
2. Gulley (out)
3. J-Smith
4. AA-Moore
5. Rene

Which means, if what Rahme reports is true, AA-Moore just leapfrogged J-Smith on the depth chart or J-Smith is hurt as well...

I interpreted that comment as the expectation that we would play 4 rbs this year and that so far only 3 have seen the field.

In an article I posted within the last hour Dave Rahme said this, "True freshman tailback Adonis Ameen-Moore is expected to play but hasn’t yet." I wonder if Saturday is his christening? There are some other morsels on Foster, Crume and Kobena. With 55 freshmen & sophs this team is slowing growing and developing.
Link

yeahhhh budddyyyyyyyy thats what i was thinking that AAM would break loose against rutgers with this whole practise closed thing. its closed for more than just injuries imo.

I was hoping he'd get to red-shirt, especially after sitting 4 games. I get it though, if he can help right now you gotta do it.

Hackett mentioned on the radio this morning that they do plan on getting other RBs into action. First mentioning Smith and then also unleashing "the big man, Adonis Ameen Moore". So I'd expect from his comments that Jerome will still be the guy if Bailey needs to come out for a breather, but they may work AAM into a series or 2.

I duuno... but I saw Marrone say Wednesday that Gulley was basically out.

He also said that the depth chart at the RB position is this:

1. Bailey
2. Gulley (out)
3. J-Smith
4. AA-Moore
5. Rene

Which means, if what Rahme reports is true, AA-Moore just leapfrogged J-Smith on the depth chart or J-Smith is hurt as well...

Actually what he said was that Smith "was 3", Moore "was 4" and Rene "is 5". It's all in the tenses.

RB blocking in pass protection's going to be huge, hope JSmith and AAM are focused.

I'd like to see a few draw/delays or jailbreak screens/dumpoffs

As someone previously posted Hackett was on b104.7 this morning said AAM is playing for whatever that is worth...

I have been getting the sense AAM has been held back until the staff felt he met these requirements

1. Being in better shape

2. Understanding the play book

3. Learning the blocking techniques

HCDM sees AAM in practice everyday as does Hackett & Wheatley. All three have to feel comfortable with all three of the above aspects. AAM flashed in the spring game and we the fan base got all worked up. From what I understand there are times he kills it in practice. What we don't see is his non-flash moments, which I am sure there are many, as there are with all freshmen. If AAM takes the field on Saturday then the coaches will be showing confidence that he is ready. If he is, I think he can be a very special player.

I have been getting the sense AAM has been held back until the staff felt he met these requirements

1. Being in better shape

HCDM sees AAM in practice everyday as does Hackett & Wheatley. All three have to feel comfortable with all three of the above aspects. AAM flashed in the spring game and we the fan base got all worked up. From what I understand there are times he kills it in practice. What we don't see is his non-flash moments, which I am sure there are many, as there are with all freshmen. If AAM takes the field on Saturday then the coaches will be showing confidence that he is ready. If he is, I think he can be a very special player.

I don't get how AAM came in out of shape. He is one of the few, if not the only one, true frosh that spent the WHOLE summer here working out.

I don't get how AAM came in out of shape. He is one of the few, if not the only one, true frosh that spent the WHOLE summer here working out.
Chipotle got the best of him.

Chipotle got the best of him.

Chipotle is from Denver, that's old hat. What isn't, is fabulous wings n pizza, which Denver sucks at, and should be classified as drugs in the Cuse. First time out of the house on your own...

Actually what he said was that Smith "was 3", Moore "was 4" and Rene "is 5". It's all in the tenses.

But he also said that if one goes out, the rest just move up. If he does play, we're definitely in 3 yards and cloud of dust mode for tomorrow. Says more to me about the lack of defensive guys playing tomorrow than it does about AAM's readiness.

You can list them 3, 4 and 5 if you want, but my guess is they each get some opportunities in relief of Bailey, based on need and game situation. Scat back (Rene), middle sized back (Smith), and inside runner (Moore).
It isn't as if Rene or Smith has proved anything so far, so the listing is almost arbitrary.

Orangeyes said:

1. Being in better shape

A couple thoughts here:

-- The list of things OE put together looks to me more like a list of things you try to accomplish from one season to the next -- not from the beginning of August to the beginning of Oct. This is why we need to get the requisite depth to get back to a point where kids like this can redshirt and we're not feeling a pinch because of it.

-- Also, the weight thing has given me pause since I heard he showed up that heavy for fall camp. I share Bees' opinion that it made no sense if he was here all summer. I'm not casting dispersion on the kid -- lord knows I did nothing to stay in particularly good shape freshman year either -- but I do read it as a situation where he may need to a mature a bit (also considering the off-season trouble he got in). I guess I"m just in wait and see mode with him.

HCDM said the other day that he tells every running back that you can run the ball lights out, but if you can't pass protect we can't use you. I'm hoping Smith and Moore have shown that ability especially if PTG is out. I would think that running either of those guys in the 4th quarter with a lead would be a nice way to challenge an opposing defense.