Did anyone honestly think this would happen? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Did anyone honestly think this would happen?

I always had hopes we would turn things around, my two low points have to be in 2004 flying to Purdue and watching us just gets our doors blown off, the second worst was going to Kinnick Stadium at getting blown out by Iowa in 2007. I am super excited about this coming year but soooo worried about those first two games, especially the Maryland game.

Once we got that ACC invite I got way more confident we would be back. Lowest I felt as a fan was the summer before the 2010 season. All the conference expansion rumors being said every day plus knowing Marrone had a lot of work to make us just a respectable program again made me feel uneasy

I know this may be jumping the gun a little bit, because sustained success and relevance is what everyone wants for any program/team they root for. But did anyone honestly believe we would get back to the level of Preseason Top 25 rankings and National Primetime games against the defending national champ so quickly?

I was only 6 when we went undefeated in 1987, but do remember the Fiesta Bowl in '91 and the subsequent years following that saw us earn BCS bowl bids with McNabb and go to many a bowl.

Was a firm believer that the program needed something new when Pasqualoni was let go, but the hiring of GRob really drove a sinking program deeper. Marrone's tenure was a blip of good news but ultimately I never really got the sense that it was a sustainable model in college. Shafer was a disaster as a head coach, IMO, making the job even tougher.

What Dino has done is nothing short of miraculous. I believe the improved resources have absolutely helped, but his approach is something that does feel sustainable.

This year will go a long way in developing that thought process, but I am more excited for the upcoming Syracuse football season than I am for Syracuse basketball. I didn't think that was ever going to be possible again.

I've been an avid Dino supporter since before he was hired. I absolutely knew that he was the man for this job and I also believe (i hope he does too) this is the job for him. Its supposed to happen. And i have steadfastly beleived that since it rumored we were about to hire him.

i got misty eyed yesterday when i saw the clemson broadcast decision.

oh baby and do i love the archives and search bar!!! just searched cusefanatl, dino, and my 2015 posts make me as proud as ever.

What’s this feeling, this wierd tingling feeling.. the rooms spinning oh god
Take some aspirin, go to bed and keep one foot on the floor. You'll feel better in the morning. ;)

it's funny to remember how many posters used to say that playing on weeknights was for rinky dink also rans

That would be the same guy (Townie) who also boldly predicted the Big 10 would NEVER take Rutgers and Maryland would NEVER leave the ACC.

it's funny to remember how many posters used to say that playing on weeknights was for rinky dink also rans

That Thursday game could have 2 ranked teams one or both undefeated but bars are still gonna be showing the likely crummy meaningless NFL game instead. Friday’s are worth the trade off and no risk of a bad TV slot. I hope we keep getting our home weekday game on a Friday vs Thursday unless it’s opening week.

I knew a 10 win bounce back season was never that far away but the scheduling made me less optimistic it was happening soon. Things can change fast though. We might wanna buyout Colgate next year or push them back and play a big boy OOC week 1 (which is open and a presumed road ACC game) at a neutral site.

54-0 I think. Painful! Yes I know

0-56. That's me Orange bandana on my head, with the few remaining Cuse Fans, getting rained on, but too stunned in disbelief to even notice. Taken from afar by a couple GaTech parents that didn't even know I was going to be there.

Percy Booth, of Onondaga Nation and Lafayette HS scored winning goal. Cuse have any chance or has Desko already alienated him?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom