Did everyone just forget 2005-2008? | Syracusefan.com

Did everyone just forget 2005-2008?

DNABB5

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
Do you remember how bad Syracuse football had gotten?

Maybe the knee jerk being pissed off at Marrone might be a bit of a stretch?

Syracuse Football is alive again thanks to Doug Marrone, as a Pat fan I am not wishing his well, but I have absolutely no hard feelings. As a matter of fact, while I a certainly disappointed, I have nothing but gratitude for than man who resurrected Syracuse Football from its days of fielding teams that lost to Akron and Miami (OH) and were 3-25 in the Big East.

Perspective.

Thanks Doug Marrone.

Syracuse Football is alive again thanks to Doug Marrone, as a Pat fan I am not wishing his well, but I have absolutely no hard feelings. As a matter of fact, while I a certainly disappointed, I have nothing but gratitude for than man who resurrected Syracuse Football from its days of fielding teams that lost to Akron and Miami (OH) and were 3-25 in the Big East.

Perspective.

Thanks Doug Marrone.
I agree. That's why I'm disappointed, but I'm not angry with Doug. He busted his butt and made us respectable again. It's not like he pulled a Kiffin and left after 1 year after pissing off the NCAA. Btw, Kiffin was offered the job before Doug was. I feel like this is the "oh no my hot girlfriend just dumped me" reaction. People aren't mad because they've been wronged. They're mad because they're afraid they'll never get a girl that hot again. Well this is how major college and pro sports go. Now it's Gross's and Shafer's job to keep things rolling.

Here's a question for some on here. You've been presented with an opportunity to take a new job with at least 50% more pay, working for a higher profile company, with fewer extraneous responsibilities, allowing you to focus more on what you really want to do. Do you take it?

No I hadn't forgotten. Not only had I not forgotten, it is the exact reason I'm so outraged at Marrone.
I hope sarcastic. We should be happy for him.

He didn't leave SU in shoes to compete annually for a National Championship, but that wasn't his obligation and SU wouldn't have been willing to pay his salary had he done so.

Perspective.

Here's a question for some on here. You've been presented with an opportunity to take a new job with at least 50% more pay, working for a higher profile company, with fewer extraneous responsibilities, allowing you to focus more on what you really want to do. Do you take it?

Of course...unless it's in Buffalo in which case I'd need a 200% raise.

I agree. That's why I'm disappointed, but I'm not angry with Doug. He busted his butt and made us respectable again. It's not like he pulled a Kiffin and left after 1 year after pissing off the NCAA. Btw, Kiffin was offered the job before Doug was. I feel like this is the "oh no my hot girlfriend just dumped me" reaction. People aren't mad because they've been wronged. They're mad because they're afraid they'll never get a girl that hot again. Well this is how major college and pro sports go. Now it's Gross's and Shafer's job to keep things rolling.

Without a doubt I take the interview..

Of course...unless it's in Buffalo in which case I'd need a 200% raise.
A 50% raise is at least good enough for some nice vacations.

Perspective.

Thanks Doug Marrone.

I think the majority of people feel this way. They just don't want to get into a shouting match with the outspoken minority. I certainly have no ill will toward Marrone.

I hope sarcastic. We should be happy for him.

He didn't leave SU in shoes to compete annually for a National Championship, but that wasn't his obligation and SU wouldn't have been willing to pay his salary had he done so.

Perspective.

Perspective?

Granted, we have talented players in the system that have tasted success. And Syracuse is no longer associated as the worst team in college football. But lets not assume he's given the team a foundation of prolonged, sustained success. Marrone had just 2 good seasons of .500 football or better.

Just as we were on the cusp of turning the corner (with recruiting and on-field play) he decides to leave the program and poach its offensive coordinator. Not only that, we are on the verge of losing the cream of our recruiting class...and there are rumors that we may be losing our Athletic Director as well.

People haven't forgotten of Syracuse as a bottom feeder. It will only take one bad season to lose all the good that was done under Doug's tenure.

Perspective is that we are looking at a house of cards. One or two good whacks and it could fold. Now its on HCSS to hold this thing together.

A 50% raise is at least good enough for some nice vacations.

A vacation in the NFL is seeing your family and being there for 15 minutes to eat diner.

Perspective?

Granted, we have talented players in the system that have tasted success. And Syracuse is no longer associated as the worst team in college football. But lets not assume he's given the team a foundation of prolonged, sustained success. Marrone had just 2 good seasons of .500 football or better.

Just as we were on the cusp of turning the corner (with recruiting and on-field play) he decides to leave the program and poach its offensive coordinator. Not only that, we are on the verge of losing the cream of our recruiting class...and there are rumors that we may be losing our Athletic Director as well.

People haven't forgotten of Syracuse as a bottom feeder. It will only take one bad season to lose all the good that was done under Doug's tenure.

Perspective is that we are looking at a house of cards. One or two good whacks and it could fold. Now its on HCSS to hold this thing together.
I agree. Marrone didn't finish the job. While I can't fault him for taking the cash and NFL title, he didn't finish what he started here. We're maybe 1/2 way.

50% more pay for three years then unemployment. Here he had security. The bills qont win, and then he'll be a coordinator again.

Hack is young, ambitious and connected. No way he remains unemployed...even with a disasterous showing in Buffalo.

50% more pay for three years then unemployment. Here he had security. The bills wont win, and then he'll be a coordinator again.
Flash back to early this season when he started 2-4 ... security?

I agree. Marrone didn't finish the job. While I can't fault him for taking the cash and NFL title, he didn't finish what he started here. We're maybe 1/2 way.

^^^^^^^^^This...sums it up perfectly. Of all the BS posts over the last few days, it took three sentences to get it right.

Good post.

44cuse

Flash back to early this season when he started 2-4 ... security?
TGD just said he could coach at syracuse as long as he wants to. We all know buffalo will continue to b-lo... Boom