Did I hear Sala correctly | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Did I hear Sala correctly

If you are talking about the little cushioned portable seats that season ticket holders had the option of renting each year, no, of course this will no longer be an option.

Individual seats are individual seats. There is nothing under them. The aluminum benches are getting removed.

Are the plastic individual seats more comfortable? That is s subjective thing.

My perspective:

I sat in the demo seats before a basketball game. They are much like the seats at the Syracuse Mets stadium. Or any MLB stadium.

I prefer sitting on that plastic to those cushy seats you could rent. I got them for hoops not because I loved them but they were more comfortable than hard aluminum and more importantly, they clearly marked the area on the row we sat at as 'our territory'. Not sure if people sometimes snuck an extra person into our row or just that there were a bunch of excessively large people in the row, but there were many games I went to where I was late to sit down after a big play and had a hard time being able to sit down again. For any big game it was always a tight squeeze.

That problem should be gone forever.

My issue with the cushy seats was that they were too cushy. Just didn't like how they would compress unevenly.

So for me, individual plastic seats are a big win.

Lastly, I found myself in mounting discomfort on Saturday watching the spring game. I had sat on aluminum for about 3 hours for the lax game and I had been sitting on it again for more than 2 hours and I was getting pretty miserable. Even thought about leaving the spring game early because my butt was so uncomfortable.

It was the most uncomfortable I have ever been attending a dome event. I will probably go to a lacrosse playoff game or two so this probably wasn't my last time sitting on one of those benches, but I can see with great conviction that I will not miss them when they are gone.

And when I have to go to an away game and sit on aluminum, I can already see me getting all snotty about low brow athletic facilities with awful fan experiences.

I won't miss the benches or those portable seats for one second.
AGREE... i wonder when they install the new seats will they paint the concrete with a fresh coat of paint. It is an opportunity missed if they don't along with new markings on the steps

It's a fancy bench where people won't be sliding in extra people. It's also going to cut down on the row surfing that used to go on to get to your seats with the backs on them.

Also, it will prevent hillbilly VA Tech fans from changing their baby's diaper on the bench in front of you because they are mongrels with zero class.

Last edited:
I am still trying to recall when the survey came out that we requested seats. Cup holders on the other hand.
Someone asked the rep about cup holders on the seats but they will not be installed since it would have further reduced the capacity.

I think the new seats will be attached to the concrete where your feet currently go. The benches were attached to the row behind you.

Not one person took a picture of the mock up seats?

Shame!

Just to clarify this...

The seats on the 300 level will be narrower than individual seats on the 100 and 200 level.

The seats on the 300 level will not be narrower than the width currently allocated to seats. I think they will be an inch wider.

The backs will be lower than the individual seats on the 100 and 200 level but everyone will now have back support.
Thanks Tom. I meant that they will be an or so narrower than the seats in the lower levels.

Also, it will prevent hillbilly VA Tech fans from changing their baby's diaper on the bench in front of you because they are mongrels with no class.
I'd like to meet a classy Montreal.

Not one person took a picture of the mock up seats?

Shame!
I think I posted a couple of pics I took but I deleted them from my phone and can’t find them quickly.

But tniaam wrote an article that includes pictures of them.

I think I posted a couple of pics I took but I deleted them from my phone and can’t find them quickly.

But tniaam wrote an article that includes pictures of them.

Oof. I mean, again, this is a better option than benches but man these things look cheap as hell and I question how much wear and tear they will be able to endure.

I’m concerned the stadium will lose a lot of echo the seats created for the big moments. Noise would reverberate off those benches!!

Probably will

But the new roof is also steel all around the edges and reverberates the noise back down quiet well

Should be interesting to see how it goes

Just to clarify this...

The seats on the 300 level will be narrower than individual seats on the 100 and 200 level.

The seats on the 300 level will not be narrower than the width currently allocated to seats. I think they will be an inch wider.

The backs will be lower than the individual seats on the 100 and 200 level but everyone will now have back support.
Back support/getting kicked in the back protection

I'd like to meet a classy Montreal.

His baby momma/wife threw the dirty diaper under her seat after she changed the kid...

I had to ask them to take the diaper to a trash can in the concourse and they were offended by the request.

The whole section stank of dirty diaper.

I guess they were used to it and didn't realize it's not normal.

His baby momma/wife threw the dirty diaper under her seat after she changed the kid...

I had to ask them to take the diaper to a trash can in the concourse and they were offended by the request.

The whole section stank of dirty diaper.

I guess they were used to it and didn't realize it's not normal.

Nahhh What seriously...

Man, these do look super cheap. Whats the point of even having the armrests, they're basically useless

Will the seats help the acoustic issues?
I think they will absorb reflected sound better than the metal benches, so in a mostly empty arena, there should be less reflected sound and it PA announcements, interviews, etc should be clearer and easier to hear.

In a mostly empty arena, crowd noise should be a somewhat reduced.

As the size of crowds increase, it should have little or no impact.

I think the visual impact, especially when the dome is empty or when there are small crowds, will be really noticable.

Regarding the seats, I believe there are two classes of seats. One for outdoor facilities and one for indoors facilities. Seats for outdoor facilities need to be more heavy duty. They need to handle direct exposure to the sun, they need to hold up to extreme cold and direct prolonged exposure to ice and snow, etc.

I think these will be fine for our facility.

By the way, I believe they are the same seats used at Kenan Stadium, where UNC plays (except we are using a manly blue where they have that baby blue those people like to frolic in). Kenan is an outdoor stadium but is far enough south that they rarely have to contend with snow and ice.

These have arm rests. I don't believe they all do, as I don't remember having them in our the seats me and my group sat in to watch SU get decimated last fall there.

UNC-Kenan-2797.jpg

And this is what the seats look like at Hard Rock Stadium, where the University of Miami plays their home football games.

30769845-stadium-seats.jpg

I think we chose wisely.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors