Did I miss it? | Syracusefan.com

Did I miss it?

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
Sorry if I missed it, I did look. Those great fans who actually went to the tailgate, went to Clemson to cheer the team on - what are your stories? Treated well as people mentioned was their past experience or did the closeness of the game, make it a more contentious atmosphere after the game actually started? Can I hear some fun, interesting stories, despite the sad outcome? How well did our fans represent? Again I apologize if I somehow missed reports on the board from their Clemson trip. Thank you.

LGO - take our frustrations out on Notre Dame!

Well I read on the Clemson board that the Cuse fans were trash. Did things like celebrate when Syracuse was winning. The gall. So I would be curious as well. How were our fans treated in this new world we live in where Syracuse isn't in the basement where Clemson has fake pity for us.

I'm driving back from the long weekend in South Carolina and will post a pee-trough report tonight or tomorrow... Preview: the Clemson experience adored by so many isn't nearly what they like to think it is. Also, TexanMark is a saint on Earth.

The loss really clouds what should have otherwise been a memorable experience.

Pretty much every Clemson fan I encountered was nice and super welcoming. The typical, "hope you have a wonderful time but lose." Even a fan we ran into at a restaurant near Spartanburg on Saturday evening said we got robbed by the refs. But proceeded to ask me and my son what we thought, hoped we had a good time, etc. Had a lot of exchanges like that. They seem to take pride in being so welcoming.

Having been to many away stadiums, I thought the Clemson fans were pretty nice and well behaved -- if the Uconn fans are an F, Clemson deserves an A. I've seen worse behavior by Cuse fans at the Dome sometimes. And to be fair, worse behavior by Clemson fans in the Dome, too (like the little 10 year old kid who flipped me off at the game last year -- trash).

my son was super dejected leaving the stadium (shed some tears) and not a single fan said anything bad or even rubbed it in. They more wanted to get to their tailgates or post game parties. The entire city was a giant party. Seemed like 80k in the stadium and another 80k partying in town. Just insane.

Overall, the tailgating scene was unreal and impressive. It just kept going. And going. And going. Definitely a bucket level trip that I'd recommend others do.

Mark, as always, did a fantastic job and deserves a statue built for the work he puts in for these things at away games. Seemed like a really robust crew at the tailgate and everyone had a blast.

Few pics...

clemson8.jpg
clemson1.jpg
clemson2.jpg
clemson3.jpg

If I go back, I'd probably try to sit closer to the field and splurge to see / hear what it was like down there. Also a night game there must be truly insane with the intro and the pageantry. I can see why it's a special place.

I think the team did a good job keeping the crowd out of the game until the fourth. Seemed to get pretty loud then. Not Dome level loud but hard to judge from the upper decks vs. below.

I preferred the emotional / spiritual experience of Notre Dame more from a history perspective...but Clemson from a tailgating and party scene blows Notre Dame and every other place I've been to out of the water.

Odd game to watch as an away fan because we were so much better than them the first part of the game apart from their one TD drive. At the end though we just did nothing on O despite the D stepping up again and again and there was a feeling of inevitability. The terrible calls didn't help. I thought the only way we escape with a W is a TD with under 20 or so seconds because they would just get it back on the final possession.

Great tailgate set up. Their fans were good in general and afterwards I liked everyone I met. I knew DJU was going to have a hard time with our D it stinks they didn't stick with him for longer after his recent good games.

We really should have won I don't really understand how the second half our offense didn't go to Sean or do anything buy seriously go into a shell. How can you run those plays and expect to win?

If I go back, I'd probably try to sit closer to the field and splurge to see / hear what it was like down there. Also a night game there must be truly insane with the intro and the pageantry. I can see why it's a special place.

I think the team did a good job keeping the crowd out of the game until the fourth. Seemed to get pretty loud then. Not Dome level loud but hard to judge from the upper decks vs. below.

I preferred the emotional / spiritual experience of Notre Dame more from a history perspective...but Clemson from a tailgating and party scene blows Notre Dame and every other place I've been to out of the water.

Regretted not moving down to find an empty seat near our bench but how do you move at halftime with a lead like that?

Like our place last game it was full but not packed plenty of room here and there.