Did Iowa pass a law on scoring in the state? | Syracusefan.com

Did Iowa pass a law on scoring in the state?

I can only imagine the Iowa board's Ferentz discussions probably are similar to our basketball board last season with Brian Ferentz keeping his job as offensive coordinator.

Scoring in Iowa is legal, but banned after a certain timeframe. Exceptions can be made when there is direct threat to the life of the program.

Scoring in Iowa is legal, but banned after a certain timeframe. Exceptions can be made when there is direct threat to the life of the program.
I heard that there is a "Rutgers exception" or as it is sometimes referred to the "D2" exception which allows the Iowa team to score additional points when playing excessively inferior body bag games.

I heard that there is a "Rutgers exception" or as it is sometimes referred to the "D2" exception which allows the Iowa team to score additional points when playing excessively inferior body bag games.
Incorrect. They were able to score a lot against Rutgers because NJ has a state law that Rutgers opponents must be allowed to score as much as they want.