Did John Calipari influence his daughters tweet on Bernie? | Syracusefan.com

Did John Calipari influence his daughters tweet on Bernie?

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
In the Tuesday articles there is an SBNation report that Calipari's daughter, Erin, tweeted a derogatory remark about Bernie Fine in response to criticism of her father. On the surface JB & JC seem like friends. Do we just dismiss it as a knee-jerk reaction of a child protecting their family or does it go deeper? Is it something she picked up from her dad in his conversations. Is he using the BF hearsay in negative recruiting against SU?
Articles Link

If her last name isn't Calipari, wouldn't she be as entitled to post in the same way about Fine that our membership routinely/consistently posts about Calipari? She's just another (young) chick on inter-webs. Because she's his daughter, should she not have a voice?

If her last name isn't Calipari, wouldn't she be as entitled to post in the same way about Fine that our membership routinely/consistently posts about Calipari? She's just another (young) chick on inter-webs. Because she's his daughter, should she not have a voice?
I hear you, but I always see what Orange eyes is saying.

Sandusky was a national story. But how many teen age girls know about the Bernie Fine story? It was pretty much dead by Christmas. And even then they'd only know about it if they watched ESPN, it didn't nearly get as much play on CNN or even the internet as Sandusky. So the fact that it's essentially 8 months old and in the wake of what just happened at PSU, it's in awful judgment to make that tweet regardless.

In the Tuesday articles there is an SBNation report that Calipari's daughter, Erin, tweeted a derogatory remark about Bernie Fine in response to criticism of her father. On the surface JB & JC seem like friends. Do we just dismiss it as a knee-jerk reaction of a child protecting their family or does it go deeper? Is it something she picked up from her dad in his conversations. Is he using the BF hearsay in negative recruiting against SU?
Articles Link
I think Laurie should add her to the defamation suit.

I am trying to imagine JC at his daughters side...coaching her up on Bernie Fine tweets.

Come on folks...

"It's a conspiracy...and everyone's in on it"

images

I hear you, but I always see what Orange eyes is saying.

Sandusky was a national story. But how many teen age girls know about the Bernie Fine story? It was pretty much dead by Christmas. And even then they'd only know about it if they watched ESPN, it didn't nearly get as much play on CNN or even the internet as Sandusky. So the fact that it's essentially 8 months old and in the wake of what just happened at PSU, it's in awful judgment to make that tweet regardless.
She's not exactly an average teenage girl, though. She's the daughter of the coach of an elite basketball program. I guarantee she has a better idea about what's going on in college hoops than 99% of the teenage girls in the country.

She's not exactly an average teenage girl, though. She's the daughter of the coach of an elite basketball program. I guarantee she has a better idea about what's going on in college hoops than 99% of the teenage girls in the country.
How can she not know whats going on in college ball? Her dads the most corrupt coach in recent history and her statement is poor and lacks important facts.

Am I the only 1 that thinks she is kind of good looking for a hipster?

If I had to take a stab at this I would say she either was arguing with someone that Syracuse should get penalties like penn state or someone said if we had Fab we would have beat them and she got mad and retaliated with that comment.

We all know how much teenage daughters care about their fathers profession. Just because her dad is Cal doesn't mean she gives 2 s about college basketball (but hey, she might). Nor do I think dinner time talk at the Calipari household involves talking about Bernie Fine or Anthony Davis.

She obviously is aware of the situation though, and that tweet was in bad judgement.

I wonder what they are saying over on Rupp rafters...

I wonder what they are saying over on Rupp rafters...
There is a thread there comparing PSU to SU and wondering if we will get similar sanctions, because they are woefully uninformed, but I didn't see anything about Teen Cal.

Why are SU fans even sending tweets to her? On a side note do they not have sun in the state of KY

There is a thread there comparing PSU to SU and wondering if we will get similar sanctions, because they are woefully uninformed, but I didn't see anything about Teen Cal.
Hmmm, interesting...It will show up eventually.

I'll have to take a peek at that later tonight.

How woefully uniformed are they on the fine/sanctions stuff, are they split on it?

Hmmm, interesting...It will show up eventually.

I'll have to take a peek at that later tonight.

How woefully uniformed are they on the fine/sanctions stuff, are they split on it?
Some have said "difference is there's no evidence of a university cover up" but most are still lumping us in with PSU, meaning they haven't bothered to read anything about this since November.

Oh Mann, I've lost a bit of respect for you today.

Oh come on, she's a cute girl, it's not like we're talking about Laurie Fine here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom