Did McDonough really just say... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Did McDonough really just say...

We're a ranked team. And we'll probably still be a ranked team come Monday (although barely).

Can a Top 25 team really be on the bubble?

I am not in any way saying SU doesn't deserve to be in the tourney but why can't someone on the outside say they may be on the bubble?

because there not computer numbers too strong and worse case syracuse is is 8-9 if committee punishes us for finish but more likely we will be in 4-6 seed range

I am not in any way saying SU doesn't deserve to be in the tourney but why can't someone on the outside say they may be on the bubble?

because there not computer numbers too strong and worse case syracuse is is 8-9 if committee punishes us for finish but more likely we will be in 4-6 seed range

We're a ranked team. And we'll probably still be a ranked team come Monday (although barely).

i recall unlv being in the top 20 one year and not getting in

If we lose our first round BE game to the likes of Cincy, Providence or Nova, who knows?

They might take our "lock" status and we'll head to the bubble.

except for its not possible we play them in our 1st game

This team has had some tough losses but the only one that has REALLY pissed me off is today. In all the other games we have had a chance to win. Ville and Marq games should have been Cuse wins. It's laughable to think this team is anywhere near the bubble. At worst they will end up a 6 seed.

Baylor(my other team) has ZERO quality wins other than @UK(even that one is not all that impressive) but are STILL on the bubble. Cuse is not a great team but they are still a good team that can make a run with a favorable bracket if they continue defending as well as they have most of the year. I think they will do much better playing against a Mich/IU than teams that are excellent defensively like Gtown, Pitt etc.

It doesn't take rocket science to game plan against SU. I know and everyone else knows to just play a 2-3 zone against them at this point. A lot of man to man teams have effectively played zone against us late in the year.

how is this thread even in existence? Even if we lose our first BET game, we will be AT WORST a six seed. We are ahead of at least15-20 teams who WILL get in even in this unlikely scenario. Cuse is going nowhere this year, but they are no more on the bubble than Indiana is. 0% chance either miss the Dance.

win one game in the big east tourney and we are a 5-6 win two games solid 5 possible 4

There is no way we are on the bubble. No way. Even if we lose our first game in the BET. Seed freefall? Sure. But bubble? Not on your life.

how is this thread even in existence? Even if we lose our first BET game, we will be AT WORST a six seed. We are ahead of at least15-20 teams who WILL get in even in this unlikely scenario. Cuse is going nowhere this year, but they are no more on the bubble than Indiana is. 0% chance either miss the Dance.

A six seed means you are in the top 24 teams. If we lose our first big east game we are a 8-11. If we win then lose to marquette a 6. Win then beat marquette we can talk again about doing something in the tourney. This team has not played well in the last month. That goes into the selection committees decision as well.

Because it was brought up during the game that we look like a bubble team.
Looking like a bubble team and being a bubble team are two dramatically different things.

I agree that the idea of SU being a bubble team is crazy. But I'd also say that if we lose out first BET game then the BEST we can hope for is a 6 seed. We will have finished the season losing 8 of our last 13 games. We will have finished with two top 40 rpi wins and one of them was on an aircraft carrier with 15 mph winds about four months ago. Not a lot can be said for that resume.

Yes. UNLV did not get in one year ('93 with Isaiah Rider?) and Utah State was also on the bubble. We are not on the bubble.

UNLV was coached by Jerry Tarkanian and the NCAA had a vendetta against him and were only too happy to put the wood to him.

UNLV was coached by Jerry Tarkanian and the NCAA had a vendetta against him and were only too happy to put the wood to him.

So, are you saying if these rumors about probation are true, we are gonna get hosed?

So, are you saying if these rumors about probation are true, we are gonna get hosed?

I don't know. NCAA and Tark had an ongoing battle for years that was vicious.

What's so moronic about it? SU has been left out of the NCAA tourney before with 20+ wins what makes this season any different. The NCAA should look hard at giving this team an at large bid. They have 1 real quality win.

Take out the current first place teams of every conference then list me the 37 teams that would be in before Syracuse. This should be fun.

A six seed means you are in the top 24 teams. If we lose our first big east game we are a 8-11. If we win then lose to marquette a 6. Win then beat marquette we can talk again about doing something in the tourney. This team has not played well in the last month. That goes into the selection committees decision as well.

your crazy even if we lose our 1st big east tourney game we will be no worse than 7 or 8
win 1st game then lose=5 or 6
win 2 then lose=4 or 5
win 3 then lose=4
win championship =2 or 3 pending other results

this year a bunch of teams have loses down the stretch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online