Did Oshae just give a hint? | Syracusefan.com

Did Oshae just give a hint?

I can’t imagine Battle going...yet he likely is...so the thought that Brissett might is just mind boggling hysterical.

Oshae has to know his best chance for a big initial pay day is a strong summer and sophomore season. Right now, he's a borderline 2nd rounder/undrafted player. He'd probably get picked on potential late, but his game is really raw still and he could come back and really blow up.

I can't blame him if he leaves now, but man, you can see what he needs to work on (shooting, ball handling, FINISHING) and where he could easily end up next year (in the lottery). Unlike Tyus, Oshae has a much higher draft ceiling.

Exposure will be much higher next year as well playing with two other draft prospects in Carey and Bazely. Playing for a top 15 team, with scouts aplenty to see all the talent SU has makes it better for him as well. Not to mention, the game should come much easier with far more offensive firepower around him.

If OB can do two things next year his numbers will explode. Learn how to jump up instead of into the defender in traffic and learn how and when to pull up for a midrange jumper. If he does that and Bazley lives up to top 10 recruit status we'll have two first rounders next year.

He's going to be a monster. He has every skill you want in a dominant college player and future NBA producer. Once the experience helps harness his decision-making, I don't see many people stopping him next year with much a improved roster/depth.

He's going to be a monster. He has every skill you want in a dominant college player and future NBA producer. Once the experience helps harness his decision-making, I don't see many people stopping him next year with much a improved roster/depth.
I'm curious to see the development of the decision making. Some guys have the innate feel for things, some guys learn it, and some never get it. It's not a skill that's as cut and dry to learn as passing, dribbling, and shooting. It'll be interesting to see next year.

I'm curious to see the development of the decision making. Some guys have the innate feel for things, some guys learn it, and some never get it. It's not a skill that's as cut and dry to learn as passing, dribbling, and shooting. It'll be interesting to see next year.

I think the same thing when it comes to body control and finishing. Sure, some of it can be learned and you can get better at it with experience, but body control really seems to me like something that comes natural to some folks and not so much to others. I hope that OB comes back and I hope that next year he becomes a much better finisher at the rim, but to me, it doesn't appear to be a situation where he can just flick a switch and be a great finisher when he was truly a horrific finisher this year. That being said, I think he can make huge leaps in the 3 pt shooting department and in the pull-up shooting next year. Improve in those two areas and I think he has lotto pick written all over him.

For sure. And it was especially hard to judge this year since the offense was basically "One of you three put your head down and put the ball up."

Now, I've never seen an inability to finish in a strong, athletic player like this before. That may actually hold him back more than decision-making and feel. Can one learn to not be a spaz at the rim?

I think the same thing when it comes to body control and finishing. Sure, some of it can be learned and you can get better at it with experience, but body control really seems to me like something that comes natural to some folks and not so much to others. I hope that OB comes back and I hope that next year he becomes a much better finisher at the rim, but to me, it doesn't appear to be a situation where he can just flick a switch and be a great finisher when he was truly a horrific finisher this year. That being said, I think he can make huge leaps in the 3 pt shooting department and in the pull-up shooting next year. Improve in those two areas and I think he has lotto pick written all over him.

For sure. He's got a lottery pick body already, and is going to be one of the two best athletes on whatever court he steps on.

For sure. And it was especially hard to judge this year since the offense was basically "One of you three put your head down and put the ball up."

Now, I've never seen an inability to finish in a strong, athletic player like this before. That may actually hold him back more than decision-making and feel. Can one learn to not be a spaz at the rim?
That is the question, isn't it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom