Did Roberson sleep with Laurie Fine or something? | Syracusefan.com

Did Roberson sleep with Laurie Fine or something?

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
How does he fall so far down the depth chart that we watch a freshman take 4 of the dumbest shots of the season with no benching? Could you imagine Paul harris, 2007 TROB, current TROB or freshman scoop taking a 3 because all defenders saw him and consciously decided NOT to guard him and succeed in tempting him and he shoots in a close game vs a rival that just so happens to be a make or break season game?! And taking 2 two pointers a foot inside the 3 point line?

Look I love TT's potential... but WHAT IN THE WORLD?!! Those were AWFUL. 1 was under 2 minutes with the game in question.

would probably help if he gave any indication he even wanted to be out on the floor :noidea:

He's an introvert, like triche but i understand your point.

hands down the best boarder on the team. JB has opted for a smaller offensive unit. hence we can't board. and still lose.

Roberson is the one guy on this team, outside of maybe Lydon, that has played with any heart, passion, and toughness. For some reason he hasn't played that way at all this year. He just isn't good enough to not go hard for every rebound and loose ball. If he doesn't do those things then he serves no purpose on this team. We've seen what he's capable of at Duke last year and now we're seeing the other end. The only way this team rights this disaster, outside of JB changing his offensive identity(which we know isn't happening), is better PG play and Roberson finding his heart again!

hands down the best boarder on the team. JB has opted for a smaller offensive unit. hence we can't board. and still lose.
have you paid even a little attention to what Roberson is (not) doing when he's in the game? - your crusade for his PT is, uh, curious

i don't judge a player on 6 minutes PT. there are 2 full seasons of stats where he's proved he's among the best in conference.

i don't judge a player on 6 minutes PT. there are 2 full seasons of stats where he's proved he's among the best in conference.
yeah cuz he was getting 6 min/game earlier wasn't he?

since the gamecocks he averages 13 minutes per. and we are 2-4.

(edit: we beat mighty north florida and the terriers of BU )

roberson finished 9th and 10th in the ACC in rebounding past 2 seasons. that's not a fluke stat.
yep too bad he hasn't brought that stuff this year

Title made me laugh lol. In all seriousness, and I noticed this his freshman year -- he may be the stiffest, non-fluid player I can remember in Orange. He is 6-8, so maybe a tad smaller than some of the higher caliber PFs he is going against but has a natural jumping spring that is uncanny. Unfortunately he is one dimensional -- a very stiff rebounder who has not been rebounding. If he's not rebounding there is nothing he can do out there to help the team.

Think about how fluid Grant was compared to him. Almost the same size, both with hops -- but Grant was a fluid player. Roberson, who I have rooted for since day one, seems c3p0 stiff out there playing, like the game never really slowed down for him in all 4 years here.

factor in his numbers versus minutes played. surprise!

our can't sit superstar lydon scores .37 points per minute and grabs .23 boards.
mr dog house scores .35ppm and gets .25 boards. now factor in how hard it is to get into the flow coming off the bench and playing sparingly.
you never get to develop any rhythm before it's back to the pines.

Last edited:
factor in his numbers versus minutes played. surprise!
This season, Coleman is the team's best rebounder on a per minute basis.

roberson's rebound numbers > grant. grant was a better dunker but tyler's clearly the better boarder. FACT.

Last edited:
Wouldn't that result in INCREASED playing time ?

While JB has touched on the troubles on D/rebounding - it's obvious he's most concerned about offense. And unfortunately for Robey, he's proven to be our weakest offensive player this year - even DC has shown flashes. If FH/TB/TL/AW3 proved to be good offensively, Robey would be getting more time. But JB is so obsessed (and rightfully so) about finding the right offensive unit, that Roberson is an afterthough. He only fits in if the other 4 guys are scoring and we need his hustle/rebounding.

"If FH/TB/TL/AW3 proved to be good offensively..."

yeah , well that ain't happening is it.

yep too bad he hasn't brought that stuff this year

In games against decent teams, other than Lydon today and Coleman against UConn, basically everybody has played below expectations this year.

I wouldn't have a problem with Roberson sitting if others were playing great and taking his spot.

As it stands, I'd like to see something like: PF - Lydon 25 min, Roberson 15 min. C - Coleman 15 min, Thompson 15 min, Lydon 10 min.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom