Did the thread about 3 recruits committing get deleted? | Syracusefan.com

Did the thread about 3 recruits committing get deleted?

Flacusian

All Conference
Well here we are May 18th 2016 which is the late signing deadline. I expected to pop in here and see a major party going on celebrating the commitment of Mr. T , The Mystery Recruit and Hammy D. I'm guessing... and I could be wrong here... that the posts heralding their commitments were some how inadvertently deleted and there's been a power outage that has made it impossible to repost.

No? ...Dang, I'm flummoxed about being wrong on this one... I was sooooo sure.

It's just one more aspect of a rapidly changing NCAA / College Basketball landscape and as a fan who's rapidly reaching "old timer status" I'm feeling pretty dang grumpy about it. Although I do understand it... I don't have to like it and I don't ... that you can count on. But there is silver lining to all of this and that's the fact that there is no other team in the NCAA that is a top tier program that has 3 open rooms at their Inn. That means if some kid does reclassify and want a place where they can look awesome in Orange and if they have a propensity for thinking it would be groovy to hear their name chanted by 34,000 fans... dis b da place!

Also having been a fan since 1973 I've learned that things are never as bad as you think they are and conversely they are never as good as you think they are... unless of course we find our team in the Final 4 which recently has become somewhat of a habit this program has... ( in spite of the negative evaluations that some denizens of this board are prone to espouse)

I find it particularly reassuring knowing that we have this Coach who in spite of having had a team that many characterized as being severely flawed...he found a way to get that bunch of kids to play at a level that got them within 2 wins of a National Title. Not to shabby for a deeply flawed team comprised of a bunch of players mostly playing outside of their natural positions.

So... no matter how grumpy I am about the above referenced deleted and non-reposted posts... I am more than confident that everything is exactly the way it's supposed to be at this moment in time and that JB has a solid handle on adding in another piece or two to the team that he will some how miraculously mold into a serious threat come next March.

Actually... I'm sorta feelin' pretty good about things about now. I guess as fans we are only as happy as we make our minds up to be.

LGO!

I don't see any deleted threads on this board. What was the title?

Wait, so who is the mystery recruit?

Well here we are May 18th 2016 which is the late signing deadline. I expected to pop in here and see a major party going on celebrating the commitment of Mr. T , The Mystery Recruit and Hammy D. I'm guessing... and I could be wrong here... that the posts heralding their commitments were some how inadvertently deleted and there's been a power outage that has made it impossible to repost.

No? ...Dang, I'm flummoxed about being wrong on this one... I was sooooo sure.

It's just one more aspect of a rapidly changing NCAA / College Basketball landscape and as a fan who's rapidly reaching "old timer status" I'm feeling pretty dang grumpy about it. Although I do understand it... I don't have to like it and I don't ... that you can count on. But there is silver lining to all of this and that's the fact that there is no other team in the NCAA that is a top tier program that has 3 open rooms at their Inn. That means if some kid does reclassify and want a place where they can look awesome in Orange and if they have a propensity for thinking it would be groovy to hear their name chanted by 34,000 fans... dis b da place!

Also having been a fan since 1973 I've learned that things are never as bad as you think they are and conversely they are never as good as you think they are... unless of course we find our team in the Final 4 which recently has become somewhat of a habit this program has... ( in spite of the negative evaluations that some denizens of this board are prone to espouse)

I find it particularly reassuring knowing that we have this Coach who in spite of having had a team that many characterized as being severely flawed...he found a way to get that bunch of kids to play at a level that got them within 2 wins of a National Title. Not to shabby for a deeply flawed team comprised of a bunch of players mostly playing outside of their natural positions.

So... no matter how grumpy I am about the above referenced deleted and non-reposted posts... I am more than confident that everything is exactly the way it's supposed to be at this moment in time and that JB has a solid handle on adding in another piece or two to the team that he will some how miraculously mold into a serious threat come next March.

Actually... I'm sorta feelin' pretty good about things about now. I guess as fans we are only as happy as we make our minds up to be.

LGO!
hey a rhetorical question in the form of a novel!
;)

Not sure what you were expecting to happen today. That deadline meant nothing to anybody we're still after.

Not sure what you were expecting to happen today. That deadline meant nothing to anybody we're still after.

Is there a date that we should look to for a commitment?

Is there a date that we should look to for a commitment?
No.

Well, yes...prior to the fall semester starting. More likely, TT will make his move before a school's summer session starts. The LOI date means nothing to kids still looking. All it does is lock a kid in and at this point, why bother?

No.

Well, yes...prior to the fall semester starting. More likely, TT will make his move before a school's summer session starts. The LOI date means nothing to kids still looking. All it does is lock a kid in and at this point, why bother?

O goody, another long wait.

I don't see any deleted threads on this board. What was the title?

Joke_over_your_head.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom