Did they cancel the games tomorrow yet? | Syracusefan.com

Did they cancel the games tomorrow yet?

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST
THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 8
inches, with locally higher amounts, are expected.

* WHERE...New York (Manhattan), Bronx, Richmond (Staten Island),
Kings (Brooklyn) and Northern Queens Counties.

* WHEN...Until 4 AM EST Thursday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on difficult travel conditions,
including during the morning commute on Wednesday. Be prepared
for significant reductions in visibility at times.

Be careful. This kind of talk would be a great time for the majority of ACC fans to point out the nonsense of letting interlopers move the tournament to the furthest place for most of the fans, as well as one that has a far greater likelihood of inclement weather. :) Whether they will have the intestinal fortitude to do so after theyve been raped over the past few years of even more important traditions and history, remains to be seen.

Now to focus on the positive, there should be far more Cuse fans in the building(including the fans of most anyone but UNC), so anything less than a nearly home crowd would seem like somewhat of a failure. No reason we cant win this being we nearly did at the Dome, and no way in heck do I want it cancelled. Go weather, go Orange!!!

I will say that I just drove back to Syracuse from NJ tonight (parked at at a friend’s and took NJ transit into NYC) because I didn’t feel like getting up at 6am to beat the storm.

NJ is going to get hammered.

No changes or delays on the MTA website yet.

Are the teams staying close enough that they could still get there even in bad weather?

Are the teams staying close enough that they could still get there even in bad weather?

Most are probably staying brooklyn within 15-20 mins driving of Barclays.

Is 4 to 8 inches considered heavy snow in the northeast?

I mean down South sure that is a blizzard but NYC should be able to handle 4 to 8’inches of snow pretty easily. Just be safe.
The City is right on the border between snow and rain. The NYC TV stations have no clue what the weather is actually going to be. It is actually funny seeing them dance around the fact that they have no idea how things will unfold.

Last edited:
They'll play in an empty arena. The snow is just starting to fall in NYC. We'll see how much falls by tonight's session. If I can't make it due to the weather, I'm getting my money back via my credit card company.

If they played the Big East Championship game during the Blizzard of '93 (with a hole in the MSG roof, no less), tonight should be no trouble at all. Teams are nearby, transit's OK, maybe some fans driving in won't show.

Correct. As long as the teams and refs can make it, they'll play.

Coach always had us stay at the LGA Marriott during the BET. After the '93 blizzard, the BE made every team stay in Manhattan going forward.

You can't cancel the games. And you can always get around. I've been on buses in bad storms. Took the subway the day after the 2010 Christmas blizzard. It'll be fine.

upload_2018-3-7_10-18-46.png

They'll play in an empty arena.
Not unless there is an outbreak of measles. Fans will find a way, especially those that are already in the city who have come from OOT. Do you really think they will stay in their hotel rooms. If they can find a gin mill, they can find the Barclays.

I'm in lower manhattan, not even snowing yet. Really shouldn't be an issue unless it's so bad they shut down mass transit, which rarely happens.

I'm in lower manhattan, not even snowing yet. Really shouldn't be an issue unless it's so bad they shut down mass transit, which rarely happens.

The snow isn't expected to pick up until 3:00 PM and will last until 9:00 PM. My firm is sending out emails with regular updates.

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST
THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 8
inches, with locally higher amounts, are expected.

* WHERE...New York (Manhattan), Bronx, Richmond (Staten Island),
Kings (Brooklyn) and Northern Queens Counties.

* WHEN...Until 4 AM EST Thursday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on difficult travel conditions,
including during the morning commute on Wednesday. Be prepared
for significant reductions in visibility at times.

LOL at heavy snow 4-8" you silly city slickers.

The snow isn't expected to pick up until 3:00 PM and will last until 9:00 PM. My firm is sending out emails with regular updates.

Im just hoping we close our office a little early

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom