DId Van Gundy beg off this game? | Syracusefan.com

DId Van Gundy beg off this game?

PoppyHart

All American
He was saying the other night how frustrated he was with CBB. Maybe he's had enough.

Agreed...this is the same guy who said Higgins was one the best refs ever. :crazy:

I think he said he's the best ref to have when your on the road. And he even pointed out how Higgins isn't afraid to make the call against the home team and even seems to enjoy it.

This is a point 99% of the people here would probably agree with and anyone who's seen him ref at the dome.

He wanted out because the mothership shoved Doris Burke in on the crew for the Va. Tech game...;)

And it was Burr.

Van Gundy did a good job the other night.

Yes you're right ... so easy to confuse them geezers ... and yes I also thought Van Gundy did a good job. Especially being out of his element.

Maybe he was still too full from eating Doris' mashed potatoes.

Maybe he was still too full from eating Doris' mashed potatoes.
Seriously. That was the strangest two minutes of commentary I think I ever heard. I would be real pissed if I was Doris Burke.

JVG was off the call because he lives in Houston, and did the doubleheader on Wednesday and didn't want to fly back to NYC for 2 more games. Mike Breen lives in the area so it didn't effect him. I hope Breen and JVG get off college basketball ASAP. Also, JVG was talking about Jim Burr not look at me Tim Higgins. These guys should have been popped by the Big East last year after this.

Van Gundy was great the other night. Professional broadcaster who actually informed and gave real insight, not Vital plugging his golf outings and appearances or Raff with his outdated references.

JVG typically calls it straight during his NBA games, but the fact that Seth Greenberg coached him and he had a relationship with him and wouldn't call out Va Tech's obvious "stall ball" tactics resulted in me not enjoying his college basketball commentary. Plus, they did him no favors putting Doris Burke with him. No announcer has been negatively influenced by Dick Vitale more than Doris Burke. Before Dick Vitale influenced her like 5-6 years ago she was good, but she is SO FREAKING annoying on commentary, but she is going no where because of Dickie V. JVG was bad IMO on Wednesday, he does a good job on the NBA but college basketball is not up his alley.

Van Gundy was great the other night. Professional broadcaster who actually informed and gave real insight, not Vital plugging his golf outings and appearances or Raff with his outdated references.
Agreed, Breen was the terrible one. He wasn't paying attention half of the game. He said mookie was called for a foul in the first 6 minutes yesterday.

And I agree with others, the potatoes discussion was odd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom