Did we deserve to make it? | Syracusefan.com

Did we deserve to make it?

jordoo

Living Legend
No! We had lots of opertunities and didn't cash in. I have no issues looking at just this teams accomplishments and saying we didn't play our way in.

That said we had an obviously better resume than at least 3 teams that made it and arguably better than 5 to 6. This is where the committee fails. It's not consistent year to year nor is it consistent across the board on all the teams in a given year.

No! We had lots of opertunities and didn't cash in. I have no issues looking at just this teams accomplishments and saying we didn't play our way in.

That said we had an obviously better resume than at least 3 teams that made it and arguably better than 5 to 6. This is where the committee fails. It's not consistent year to year nor is it consistent across the board on all the teams in a given year.
You lost me there...

Putting it in the committees hands is the issue. If they were more deserving they would have made it but when you vie for the last few spots then you are fighting with those last 3 and arguments can be made for or against all. Cuse's argument was weaker than others

Some seed lines made it obvious they mailed it in this year.

In some cases they literally counted wins & losses to determine the seed lines from my first glance. Wack!

"Syracuse had only 18 wins... They're Outta Here"

The factors are consistent from year. But there will always be judgment especially when not every team is the same in each factor.

The issue is people here trying to ignore that other factors exist and only picking those that work for Syracuse

For example, many here claim last year it was all about quality wins. Well no. last year our quality wins allowed us to nail the two most important primary factors. (Quality of wins, performance away from home) This year they did not.

That's a major difference. It's not inconsistency.

I think we did deserve it but had no complaints about not getting in (aka didn't feel that we were screwed). It sucks but we made our own bed back in December and now we have to sleep in it.

The ACC will rampage this tournament. VaTech and Miami are 2 of the "weak" ACC teams that are in. Do people here think that a Buzz Williams coached team or a veteran Jim Larranaga coached team are going to be easy outs. The other 6 top teams are monsters. Wake has Manning and their big 3 down low are as good as any 3 big men on any team.

This. Want to make the tournament? Don't get smoked by Georgetown and St. John's on your home floor along with UConn and BC. Win two of those games we aren't even having the discussion.
People keep talking about losses on our home floor to bad teams.

That doesn't fix the road record.

At what point would the road record not have mattered?

Had we beaten Louisville?

Had we not lost to St. John's?

I just want to know if the road record could have been excused.

This is why I was so pissed on Wednesday we played such a passive game.We let Miami shorten that game and did nothing about it. Syracuse needed that game. Miami didn't and we played like it was in the bag. I bleeping hate how we let the opponent dictate how we play. We need to have ruthless aggressive on the court.

I don't even care that should we have won, we had better wins. We should be in. Gonzaga should never be a number one either.

I personally believe if we had won 2 of the lower tier games (G'Town, UConn, SJU, BC aka another ACC win) or a Louisville win at home would have been enough.

I don't get the bad loss argument, you aren't playing St Johns or Bc in the tournament, I would rather take the team that has proven they can beat good teams.

Im pretty sure if we had won ANY game that we lost, we'd be in. Just one game. Like I said, I enjoy blaming Ben Lammers for getting in the zone for a day against us and being indestructable, before becoming human again after that game. Im not sure why we inspire so many players to do that! :(

I think ANY win would have gotten us in, regardless of who it was against. I think we had better victories than multiple teams that got in,

ESPNU said mid majors have an advantage, because their players stay 4 years. How do you folks feel about that?

Why 2?

For the lower tier, it was more where the opponent stood in terms of RPI and all of that. If we had beaten Louisville or Miami (ACCT) I think that'd qualify as again it's another top 50 win along with beating an NCAA Tournament team. If we had beaten SJU and BC, that'd put us at 20-12 (11-7) and that would have been worthy of a bid. Again, this is personal opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom