Did we deserve to make it? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Did we deserve to make it?

The one that really had me questioning this whole process is Minnesota being a 5 and Wisconsin being an 8. It's not like an apples to oranges thing here. Both from the big ten. Wisconsin had a better league record, better overall record, made it further in the big ten tourney, and lastly...beat Minnesota twice. This the names out of hat theory??

No- win more games to put this out of the committee's hands. No excuses. Win an ACCT game when you know you have to (for the first time ever). This team was easily capable and talented enough to be a 6 seed. Instead, they completely stunk the first 15 games of the year and got smoked @ BC and lost home against SJU by 35.That has to be factored into the decision. Syracuse had arguably the worst OOC out of any ACC team.

I am not disappointed in the committee. Just disappointed in this season and results of it.

ESPNU said mid majors have an advantage, because their players stay 4 years. How do you folks feel about that?

Forget about the mid majors and staying 4 years, it would be nice if they stayed 2 or 3 years.

No- win more games to put this out of the committee's hands. No excuses. Win an ACCT game when you know you have to (for the first time ever). This team was easily capable and talented enough to be a 6 seed. Instead, they completely stunk the first 15 games of the year and got smoked @ BC and lost home against SJU by 35.That has to be factored into the decision. Syracuse had arguably the worst OOC out of any ACC team.

I am not disappointed in the committee. Just disappointed in this season and results of it.

I am, they shouldn't have given Usc a bid.

ESPNU said mid majors have an advantage, because their players stay 4 years. How do you folks feel about that?

I feel they have an advantage because it's a cute storyline if they make it.

For the lower tier, it was more where the opponent stood in terms of RPI and all of that. If we had beaten Louisville or Miami (ACCT) I think that'd qualify as again it's another top 50 win along with beating an NCAA Tournament team. If we had beaten SJU and BC, that'd put us at 20-12 (11-7) and that would have been worthy of a bid. Again, this is personal opinion.
Cool, was just curious how your thinking was going.

Palm just made such a big deal about the road record. Does he shut up about it if we hadn't lost @BC? Is it a non-issue if we beat a crappy team at home we lost to?

I thought the Virginia win validated the Florida St. win as not a fluke, and then the Duke win in my mind was the closing statement.

I was wrong. That's fine. I'm not on the committee.

Just seems weird to me how unforgiving things were because we performed poorly on the road.

Palm just made such a big deal about the road record. Does he shut up about it if we hadn't lost @BC? Is it a non-issue if we beat a crappy team at home we lost to?

I thought the Virginia win validated the Florida St. win as not a fluke, and then the Duke win in my mind was the closing statement.

Just seems weird to me how unforgiving things were because we performed poorly on the road.

I think JB was correct in publicly stating with passion that the commitee needs to have standards instead of people having subjective standards that are not the same. I mean it's far less consistent than the Supreme Court, for example.

I know people were trying to toss out RPI as irrelevant, but we all kind of knew they were going to have a difficult time justifying that RPI over the other bubble teams that made it. Can't lose some of the putrid games we did and complain right now IMO.

No! We had lots of opertunities and didn't cash in. I have no issues looking at just this teams accomplishments and saying we didn't play our way in.

I liked this part. I love the Orange, but we played ourselves of of it.

I know people were trying to toss out RPI as irrelevant, but we all kind of knew they were going to have a difficult time justifying that RPI over the other bubble teams that made it. Can't lose some of the putrid games we did and complain right now IMO.

We don't lose to some of those crap opponents, our RPI wouldn't be so bad.
Woulda solved both issues. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

This is where the committee is odd. They value the road wins over home wins, and apparently value bad losses more than good wins. If this is the case, why doesn't Cuse just schedule cupcakes in the non-conference on the road? There are your wins away from home haha.

We don't lose to some of those crap opponents, our RPI wouldn't be so bad.
Woulda solved both issues. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

We need to cover all the bases. RPI is a bad indicator but it is used to justify the choice the committee made if needed. The bottomline is that there are a lot of people who don't want to see SU get the NCAA tournament bid almost every year. They will find any excuse to dismiss Syracuse.

Has any other team beaten 3 top 10 teams down the stretch and not made it?

KState had a losing record in conference play. Did they "deserve" to make it?

The committee got sh** for putting us in last year, especially as a 10. They would have gotten sh** from most people for putting us in this year too

This is where the committee is odd. They value the road wins over home wins, and apparently value bad losses more than good wins. If this is the case, why doesn't Cuse just schedule cupcakes in the non-conference on the road? There are your wins away from home haha.
Because if you lose them, you're done

The committee got sh** for putting us in last year, especially as a 10. They would have gotten sh** from most people for putting us in this year too

Because if you lose them, you're done

So don't lose them. Simple. If you do, you aren't worthy of the dance anyway.

Im pretty sure if we had won ANY game that we lost, we'd be in. Just one game. Like I said, I enjoy blaming Ben Lammers for getting in the zone for a day against us and being indestructable, before becoming human again after that game. Im not sure why we inspire so many players to do that! :(
Kind of like jg putting up 43?

Kind of like jg putting up 43?

Possibly, but I dont think it was the atmosphere that inspired him. I think the atmosphere helped Lammers, whereas Gillon just seemed to be an inner thing that EXPLODED. Wasnt Gillon actually on the road? I dont feel it was to do with the atmosphere. Good point though.

I have no issues about not being chosen my issues are why others are chosen ahead of us. There are less deserving teams for sure. There are even teams like St. Mary's (beat no one) and in. I expect another ACC housecleanig this year in the tourney.

We were more deserving than Wake and Usc.
Especially since we beat wake. Oh and the fact they went 3-10 against the top 50 and usc only had 2 wins against the top 50 (both at home). No logic to the committee and their choices.

Especially since we beat wake. Oh and the fact they went 3-10 against the top 50 and usc only had 2 wins against the top 50 (both at home). No logic to the committee and their choices.

Yes, I think it was like when refs do a make up call for messing up earlier(in out case, last season). They clearly can make it plausible with out record, but with some of these other teams, you can see we belong more.

I didnt mean "out", it should be "our". There is a glitch where I cant edit, ugh. The record makes it plausible, for people who dont look at our quality wins. The 3 top tens is, I believe, unprecedented?!!?!?

The 3 top tens is, I believe, unprecedented?!!?!?

Capt my man, Virginia ended up as a 5 seed. They're a not a Top 10 team. All that matters is how the team finished up. Syracuse spent time in the Top 10 during the debacle 2002 Deshaun Williams season -- teams that beat us then didn't get credit in March for beating a Top 10 team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom