Didn't MCW learn anything from the smack talked here about uconn? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Didn't MCW learn anything from the smack talked here about uconn?

All kidding aside, not pleased to see this out in the media. Need to be smarter and avoid bulletin board material:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameo...-georgetown-michael-carter- williams/1938653/

RF you are top notch but losen up your panties up on this one . You are way off

MCW confidence I'll help more then the added motivation would for gtown

Love that mcw said this. Anyone who has a problem with what he said needs to lighten up. I guarandamntee derrick coleman doesn't have a problem with it.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

If you don't think guys like Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Lebron... aren't affected by this kind of "bulletin board material," you're either not paying attention, or underestimating psychology and human nature. Emotion does play a very real part, and even if you think you're amped up for a big game, there's still another level.

This was stupid of MCW, on more than one level.

How exactly was it stupid? Is otto porter gonna go off for 40 pts cuz michael carter williams talked a little stuff?

Like I said in the other thread, I love it. At least we know the team cares about this one; unlike the UConn game.

MCW saying this forces the whole team to bring it so that their teammate doesn't look dumb.

How exactly was it stupid? Is otto porter gonna go off for 40 pts cuz michael carter williams talked a little stuff?

Grand Prize for Unwitting Prescience.

I don't care what Mike says - if he plays defense, takes fewer than eight shots, and passes the ball to his teammates, he'll have done all he needs to.

So MCW did what he needed to do according to this

So MCW did what he needed to do according to this

He was OK. What I wrote was a bit oversimplified, but he did keep a lid on some of his bad habits (for the first game in memory, for instance, there was no "Goddammit, he just quit on that play!" moment).

It was good that he was judicious in his shot selection (for the most part, not counting that bad three). But the decisiveness on the drive and dunk was great. Passing, meh. Not enough penetration into the zone, virtually no attempt to feed the post, careless with a couple of lobs.

Neither a good game nor a bad game for Mike. Would have been good enough to win on some nights (read: when our shooting guard shows up to play), but it wasn't yesterday.