Digger says Southerland will take Fab's spot | Syracusefan.com

Digger says Southerland will take Fab's spot

Yeah. Just saw that. Did james play a second at center this year? Really not sure where Digger came up with that.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

How many fifths of Jack had Digger had at that point? Under 2, he might be on to something. But he generally pours a fifth over his Fruit Loops, so I wouldn't expect that number to hold.

Yeah. Just saw that. Did james play a second at center this year? Really not sure where Digger came up with that.

He just said James is gonna have the chance to get doubles-doubles and CJ Fair is gonna have to give us 30 solid minutes a night.

In a 30 second segment 2 days before the tourney he just confirmed that he hasn't watched us all year.

That'd be an interesting choice by JB.

First game? Sure, we're playing against little guys. I'd expect CJ in the middle and James at the 4 but we definitely could go small in the first game. After that? Doubt it...

First game? Sure, we're playing against little guys. I'd expect CJ in the middle and James at the 4 but we definitely could go small in the first game. After that? Doubt it...
I was being sarcastic. Digger is a moron.

Exactly. The first game (provided we win it) is not an indicator of what would follow.

I was being sarcastic. Digger is a moron.
It seems crazy but it isn't like we rebounded anyway and we would be hard to guard on offense. Maybe 10 minutes a game of it i could see.

It seems crazy but it isn't like we rebounded anyway and we would be hard to guard on offense. Maybe 10 minutes a game of it i could see.
Maybe vs. UNCA.

But not against the big boys.

they thought about playing james at center but moved cj there earlier this year.

kris played cented in 6 ot.

rak and baye

WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. only team we cant beat is UNC.

Brandon Reese would start for a lot of D1 schools. Maybe it's time for him to step up!

Call me crazy, but I would almost go with Xmas at Center and start James at the 4. James seems to protect the rim better (a little like Wes in that respect), and quicker altogether on defense imo than CJ. He may not be the same rebounder - but you gotta give up something.

I don't know, tough call on what to do. We already jinxed the lineup by starting CJ, maybe we get some mojo back by having him start off on the bench. lol

they thought about playing james at center but moved cj there earlier this year.

kris played cented in 6 ot.

rak and baye

WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. only team we cant beat is UNC.
Play Kris/CJ/Southerland together vs. UNC. Drive drive drive drive on Henson adn Zeller and get them in foul trouble. BOOM we play Monday night.

At least that lineup would keep Anthony Davis out of the paint should we somehow get to the Championship game.

Offensively we could be pretty dynamic with the small lineup. Worth a shot.
O isn't the problem. KState will manhandle us on the boards if Rak doesn't have a big game.

O isn't the problem. KState will manhandle us on the boards if Rak doesn't have a big game.
We couldnt rebound anyway. Southerland is crazy athletic with hops. I know they will murder us on the glass but id our O gets going, is it enough to beat us?

Take that redshirt off Cooney, and lets go with a four guard lineup.

Yes, our best bet to make up for the loss of our starting center and BE Defensive Player of the Year is to burn the redshirt of a guard whose specialty is shooting the three and who hasn't played competitively in a year. Good call.

I think you go with Rak at C the whole way. Let him get his legs against UNCA so he is more ready for round 2. We still have two C's in Rak and Baye who are at least as good as a lot of the centers in this tourney.

I think you go with Rak at C the whole way. Let him get his legs against UNCA so he is more ready for round 2. We still have two C's in Rak and Baye who are at least as good as a lot of the centers in this tourney.
What gives you this impression? There's probably 8 or 9 centers in our region who are better than Rak and BMK right now.

I guess enough absurd things have been said about the Cooney redshirt, that sarcasm is hard to detect.

I guess enough absurd things have been said about the Cooney redshirt, that sarcasm is hard to detect.
Yeah, it's been mentioned multiple times today, so the sarcasm meter is out of whack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom