Dino and SU WRs | Syracusefan.com

Dino and SU WRs

kcsu

Living Legend
If you look at Dinos coaching stops he was basically a wr coach at most of his stops with a few RB and special teams roles. He was only an OC once and was fired from that role.
Given his coaching background you would think that our WRs would be a strength. Not sure why we have so many misses on the roster. Is it talent evaluations or coaching. I hope that the remaining games are used to get benson, hendrix and Q more run. Alford as well.

Early Dino, our WRs overachieved. Recent Dino, our WRs have struggled. I don’t think the coaching philosophy has changed. I think the problem is the overall O is struggling because of injuries and lack of depth with the OL.

Yup.

Was the same thing last year when the team probably would have been good if the WRs that returned from the 10 win team weren't collectively awful with the transfer being our only servicable guy.

Not recruiting well enough to have enough ACC level big bodies on DL/OL is the other issue but its easier to fix than WRs simply not catching well thrown balls over and over again.

The only one at this point that shocks me is Jackson.. Such rave reviews and crazy numbers in HS and he looks so out of place so far 2 yrs into the system. Is it all nerves? I thought we heard he was doing well in practices but he looks so lost out there. if Hendrix is still a step off from the injury I thought maybe he could still be a possession type guy in the red zone with his size?

Alford is ready to go and you will see Hendrix and baron today ;)
That is great news. Of all the young big WRs, which one is going to be the best? Any sense of that now?

Played as well as they could today. They clearly changed the game plan and routes available based off of Rex's capability. Hope we see out and curl routes for Tommy if he decides to come back next season.
They really hung in there. Rex struggled with interior passes, but Queely played well and Hendrix flashed what he could do. Taj's absence hurt us, although Rex's long bomb to NJ was sweet. We we building some ground/air balance until Tucker left the game. Defense (especially the secondary) played very well against all CU's weapons. But after the scoop/TD, they milked the clock and ran right over us. Very disappointing (not surprising) listening to the ACC dunce-squad post-game: Not a single compliment for SU, not even a mention. Another Dixie leg-humping festival. They are unwatchable, an embarrassment to the conference.

Last edited:
They really hung in there. But that QB fumble/TD and then the interception - that broke our back. Defense played pretty well but they have too many weapons. It was interesting listening to the ACC dunce-squad (not a single compliment for SU - zero). Not even a mention post-game. They are an embarrassment to the league.

I try not to watch the ACC Network. It's amateur hour. The games on the regional sports network are much better. The commentators praise and criticize when it's appropriate.

The #1 responsibility is to catch the ball. All of our receivers drop balls and have mediocre hands. The number of drops by this group is astounding. We had some momentum going and Rex threw a short pass into Hackett's hands on 3rd down that would have went for a first down but he dropped it. This type of thing has repeatedly happened all season.

Q, Hendrix, NJ played well. We need to use Benson more. I also hope that JJ is moved to the slot next year. Want to see Tucker Lutz Hough at RB.

I liked Lutz today. He really showed heart against a very good D. With hough, lutz and tucker we will be good next year. Howard could not beat out Tucker.

The #1 responsibility is to catch the ball. All of our receivers drop balls and have mediocre hands. The number of drops by this group is astounding. We had some momentum going and Rex threw a short pass into Hackett's hands on 3rd down that would have went for a first down but he dropped it. This type of thing has repeatedly happened all season.

There seem to be about 3 drops a game, seriously. I agree with you!

I liked Lutz today. He really showed heart against a very good D. With hough, lutz and tucker we will be good next year. Howard could not beat out Tucker.
Nobody beats out Tucker but wouldn’t you want him back?

There seem to be about 3 drops a game, seriously. I agree with you!
They simply cannot catch. the one damn thing they are supposed to do!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom